The 28th, 29th, and 30th were spent in and out of Magrath for the Christmas Classic The Christmas classic was fun as always especially because we got to cheer on Tannis. She did great and I am so proud of her. I'm not sure she especially like all the cheering that came from her sisters but it was fun to be there to support her. We made t-shirts for everyone including Cohen that that #5 Rocks My Socks and wore them on the first day of the tourney. Unfortunately they ended up coming in 2nd when they lost in the final to Cardston.
I also got to get together with a few groups of my friends during the break. I was able to have a great time with my old roommates who I love like family. It was amazing to see us all together and we spent way to much time laughing and talking and remembering the old days. All of us are now either married or engaged (Congrats to Mal & Britt!) and a few are expecting babies or already had them. It is great to stay in touch as our lives change and evolve. I was also able to meet up with a few of my best friends from high school for dinner. It was so fun to see Sara and Bee and hear about life in Ontario & Lethbridge. (we missed you Court!) I am so lucky to have such amazing friends who love me unconditionally. They are all seriously the best.
Last but not least we spent new years with a couple of friends. We hit up the casino with Den & Jaz and Britt & Jay. It was my first time in the casino and I won 31 dollars on the slot machine! I seriously loved it but decided to quit before I got too addicted and ended up losing all my money. It was a nice laid back new years. Finally before we all headed home we hit up the gym for a little basketball. Tannis & I challenged Muff & Elise to a game and won of course. It was great fun as always. We are so lucky to have such great families and friends down in southern Alberta and it was awesome to be able to spend time with them over the holidays. I would say this Christmas was a SUCCESS!
No comments :
Post a Comment