This is just a little of what I was thinking about today. Not something I usually talk about but something I needed to get down for me.
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
9 Years
9 Years is a long time. A lot happens in 9 years. A lot changes. People grow up. They graduate. High School. University. Friends come and friends go. Marriage. Jobs. Babies. What doesn't change is how much you can miss someone. How you can feel totally alone in a room full of people because no one knows how this truly feels. What doesn't change is the feeling of sadness at all happy events because you know one person who SHOULD be there isn't. What doesn't change is wondering is he proud? Am I good enough? What would he say right now? How would my life be different if that day 9 years ago didn't happen. If he didn't go to work. If he knows I love and miss him. What doesn't change is the appreciation for eternal families and the hope that I can live a good enough life to see him again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
7 comments :
Thanks for sharing, Erin. It's a good reminder to me to be grateful for what I have, and for us to always be thankful for the knowledge we have of the Plan of Salvation. Love you.
xoxoxo
Erin you are incredible and such a great example to me! Thanks for writing that because eternal families are such a blessing and we are so lucky to have them forever!
Erin,
I remember nine years ago hearing about this news and being so sad for you and your family. I think you are an inspiring person to have led such a happy and righteous life regardless of the heartaches and trials you have delt with. You are a great example to me, thank you. About an hour ago, Ryan texted me and said that one of our friends here in austin passed away in a kayaking accident. We have only known him for a few months, but have been playing basketball and volleyball with him. We even knew his son while we were at BYU. It makes me feel sick and hurt inside to hear that news because he has kids. But I know that through Heavenly Father's plan that everything will turn out alright. I admire your courage! hope you and the lil' baby are doing well :)
Erin,
I was actually thinking about your dad the other day- because I was looking for a baby gift for you, and my thoughts tend to run rampant. I was thinking how proud he must be of all of you guys, and what a big milestone for you and Tyler, but how it must be a little bittersweet all at once. I can to the conclusion that he's giving baby Dudley big hugs and getting ready to send her on the big journey to earth with all his love. Don't you think?
Erin, what's not to be proud of?? Think of all the good things you and Tyler have done these last few years! I agree with Lindsey. What an awesome gift, your sweet little baby, will come with. Not only the love of your Savior but all the love, hugs, kisses, from your him too who will have just been with Baby Dudley. Pretty neat.
Everyone has said the gist of what I'd like to say but yes, what is there not to be proud of? You're a strong, intelligent, caring, woman with a great testimony, a solid education, a job where you not only get to use your skills but you get to really care for families and kids, you have a sweet marriage to a great guy at the right place at the right time. Yeah, I'd say he's proud. And I agree with Linds, little baby girl Dudley is getting some sweet encouragement for her trip down here. Let me know if you want to hang out. We can complain about being pregnant together. Much love, Lauren
Post a Comment