So anyone who knows me well or has spent time with me in the past few months knows that I am slightly in denial that this baby is ever coming. When asked questions like Have you painted the bedroom? Do you have any names picked? Have you made anything? What color of quilt do you want? and What type of crib/swing/breast pump do you have? I always answer with oh we have plenty of time or its not until the end of December that is forever away. Well today when I opened my blog and saw 99 days until the due date it kinda hit me that I'm actually going to have a BABY...the thought is frankly terrifying...in a good way of course. So last week I decided that I would get crafty AND finally take my sewing machine out of its box. A quick side story my mom has this thing with TRADITIONS of presents that she buys when each daughter accomplishes some sort of goal. I guess it comes with having 4 girls and no boys? I don't know. But the present for graduating from university somehow (with no input from me) became a sewing machine. I received this glorious gift in February and it has since sat in my spare bedroom closet collecting dust. Well I finally used it! (I had to use the instruction manual to figure it out but hey it got used!) I made this little creature a blanket. Tannis told me it was just two pieces of material sewn together but I am quite proud of it!
I can't wait to put our little girl in this oufit
P.S. Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post. Your words meant a lot to me.
9 comments :
HEY! you're starting to look like an actual pregnant lady...awesome!
If you have heart burn -- your baby will have a lot of hair :) i had it super bad with Jaxson, and sure enough he came out harrier than a monkey
I had really bad heartburn with both my boys (both bald, BTW ;)), and found that Zantac helped a ton. It's safe to take when you're pregnant and works way better than Tums. The good news is it goes away for good as soon as the baby's out!
I hear ya! My heartburn just started. I second that Zantac motion! Tums are good for the average burns. Also, KOODOS ON BRINGING OUT THE SEWING MACHINE! I knew you'd get to it! haha Cute stuff by the way. And your tummy is cute!
Congrats on christening the sewing machine. Lately I've been feeling the sewing bug - mostly 'cause I think it would be fun to make cute baby things for my kids - but I'm thinking of getting a sewing machine soon too. I love the paisley fabric on your baby blanket, SO cute!
Cute blanket Erin!!! No one would ever guess you had to read the instructions on how to use your machine! You're a natural!
Erin...I think you did a fabulous job on your blanket...sewing is a lot harder than it looks! You look so cute and little...lucky you!
ERIN!! WHY HAVEN"T I SEEN YOU IN SUCH A LONG TIME!!! Hello baby bump. Sheesh, super cute little (ahem...bigish) belly! Nice job with the sewing machine! I was wondering if you'd ever bring that baby out. The blanket looks FABULOUS!
oooh i like this! at least its 2 cute pieces of material swen together! :)
Post a Comment