Thursday, October 6, 2011

Halfer

I did it! I ran a half marathon! Now you might be thinking what would possess someone to run a half marathon? Here is the story. In April a mere 3 months post birthing Quinn I was feeling rather whale-like. I hated looking at myself in the mirror and felt like I had been huge for way way too long. I am seriously HORRIBLE at dieting...never been able to do it. So the only option was to exercise off that weight and I needed something to motivate me. In sharing this sob story with my friend Lindsey she told me I should run a half marathon with her and our other friend Robin. I wasn't completely convinced after running 5 km and about dying but I felt it was my only option at the time. Long story short we convinced our other friend Lauren and the 4 of us complained while training and compared stats to motivate each other and FINALLY after many long months of training the day came!

We stayed overnight in a hotel close to the race start and had a great night catching up and going for a swim. Bright and early the race started and I surprisingly felt really good...until km 13...but with many kilometers left to go and a serious hill at 17 I downed some GU and finished the race in 2:10. Way below my goal time of 2 and 1/2 hours. We spent the rest of saturday hot tubbing, our husbands waterslided...like 11 year old boys..., shopping, eating, and moving very slowly wherever we went.
Quinny loved the luggage cart at the hotel

21.1 km!

Love her

My number 1 fans!

Me & Linds on the homestretch

Finished

Don't mess with us...or with Lindsey's powerade

Love these girls!
It was so great to run this race and spend the weekend with these 3 girls. We always have a great time and I love them! Way to go Ladies! Next up a half marathon in Arizona? January? Lets do this again!

4 comments :

girluntitled said...

way to go erin! i don't think i could ever do that...

...actually i KNOW i could never do that...

Jen and Josh Payne said...

Ahhh I hope you do come in january! I should start training now.... otherwise I am probably going to die! Good work on the halfer already!!!

Nicole said...

So proud of you ladies and sad that I didn't join you. What an accomplishment!!!

AKutarna said...

good job! I really want to do a half marathon! I'm going to try that program that you guys did. Awesome time btw!!!