Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Living in the moment

So I finally immunized Quinn yesterday (bad nurse/mom....I know!!) and she had a rough night last night. Unfortunately I was at work and couldn't be there to comfort her when she was asking for me. As I sat at work last night with other peoples sick sleeping babies instead of my own ii started thinking how lucky I am. For all the time I spend joking and complaining about being a mom there is no greater blessing in my life. So today during her 15th meltdown of the hour I tried to have more patience to just live in the moment the I skipped young women's ( bad president!) so I could be home to put her to bed. As i sat rocking her alone in her dark room I realized how fast these almost two years have gone and how much I love my little partner in crime. I'm so lucky to be a mom to this crazy, loud, spunky little girl and I need to do better at treasuring each and every moment I have with her.

Just something I was thinking about.

1 comment :

Lauren Bennett said...

you are not a bad president! Mama first! I was thinking the same thing lately- i spend more time doing errands and chores than with my kids sometimes and then I complain that I need to get a break. Gotta live in the moment