Thursday, December 19, 2013

December Fun

A few days after we got home from Idaho we finally put up and decorated our tree. Quinn loved to help and has undecorated and redecorated it many times since. (Don't mind the lack of pants. Potty training is so much fun...)



Its hard work being 3...

Tim and Elise came up for a nice weekend visit the first weekend of December. We were lucky to have my mom here for a bit as well as Tannis and Nathan. It was a party! We hit up the mall for a bit and powered through some Christmas shopping. We randomly ran into this Santa at Target and Elise so nicely took Quinn for a picture. We also enjoyed candy apples, hot tubbed, the boys played playstation, and church got cancelled cause the heat wasn't working in the building. Overall a GREAT weekend!

Our elf named Sparkle made his debut appearance and Quinn is really entertained by him. She looks for where he is every morning and remembers not to touch him. This was one of my better ideas. I'm actually pretty lame at remembering to move him luckily Quinn is easy to distract and impress.

I got to meet up with my friends from work for a secret santa Christmas party at a Greek restaurant. The food was delicious, the company was great and there was belly dancers. Win Win Win. I seriously miss these girls. They are a huge part of the reason I love my job. I'm really enjoying my time home but I can't wait to start seeing them more often!

We made gingerbread house as a family and it was so much fun. Quinn calls it a cookie bread house. She mostly enjoyed eating the candy but actually decorated a bit. Tyler of course is far better at this kind of thing which is the only reason our house looks somewhat presentable!







We finally went to the Bethlehem walk. We definitely were not prepared for how busy it was! Luckily we brought our favorite helpers Tannis and Nathan. I'm pretty sure my kids like them as much or more than me! The beginning part when the angels sing to the shepard was my favorite part of the walk. I thought there should be more of a focus on the birth of Christ since that is what we celebrate but it was still pretty great. 








I took the kids to West Ed one morning to meet Santa. I tried to get there right when he opened but of course was a little late so there was already a line up. I was a little stressed that Quinn would freak out and scream after I waited for so long but she was great! She was a little scared at first until "Santa" told her that she needed to be a good big sister and show Scarlett how to take a picture with Santa. She was all over that and got right on his knee and smiled for the pictures. I love being pleasantly surprised! And seriously could this picture be any cuter!?
                                      

We had Jacie and Nick and the boys over for supper and a hot tub before we all part ways for the holidays. It was so much fun. After almost 3 years of fighting these two are finally starting to get a long and its magical! Quinn loves Dexter.

And Scar looked adorable in her swimsuit of course!

All kinds of fun has happened already with so much more to come! I'm so blessed to get to spend it with these 3! I love them and I love this season!

1 comment :

Mal and Cody said...

Looks like you guys have been having fun! I wish we lived close enough to come party and hot tub with you. Have a fun Christmas and travel safe!