Friday, January 31, 2014

The Rest of January

Not really sure what I did with the rest of January... we are all still alive and powering through the last 1/4 of winter here in Edmonton so I would say it was a success. Day to day here is exhausting and amazing at the same time. I miss work but am trying really hard to live in the moment and enjoy the time I have home with my girls. They really are the best even though I often count down the hours till bedtime haha. Tyler has been working like a crazy man this month. Usually doing 11-13 hour days monday-thursday. We are truly blessed with how busy the clinic is. He has also been busy playing hockey for up to 3 different teams. Most of his games are after 10 PM so I haven't watched him but he sure enjoys it. I have also been playing a little basketball and going to a barre class with Robin. It pretty much kills me and I want to die for the next few days but I love it! I think that is how we spent our time in January. Now for some pictures!



We had lots of tea parties. Way too many if you ask me and Tyler but clearly not enough for Quinny. She makes us pick up our plate and use two hands with our cup. It is just plain fun...



Scar got to try some food. She likes it sometimes and could care less others. She definitely prefers real food over puree. 


Scar likes to lay on the ground and roll. She rolls all over. She sometimes looks like she might move forward or back but then just rotates her body and rolls to get where she wants to go.





We are so happy when Daddy comes home. These girls definitely love their Dad. And I don't blame them!


I finally bit the bullet and did laundry. This wasn't even all of it. I was overwhelmed. Then since we got the electrical done in our basement there was tiny wood chips all over the floor so now I sometimes find a wooden surprise buried in my clothes...


We played with toys and didn't wear pants...the usual.

Quinn goes into Scar's room every morning when she wakes up and climbs into her crib. Some mornings she likes it more than others.

We love indoor playgrounds. The one at Terwillegar is our favorite. I love that Quinn is old enough to climb up and slide down by herself. It is the perfect outing.

I searched around and found a gymnastics gym that takes unparented 3 year olds. Quinn loves it. The first class she was a bit of a mess but since then she is a champ. She is learning to listen to her coach and take turns and she gets to do gymnastics too. It is perfect. Her coach is Ashley and her class is full of boys.

The life of a hardworking Dad. Falls asleep mid tea party.

We had the Starks come out for a hot tub. These two get along so well. They really love each other. It is great.

Tannis came to hang out with me while our husbands were out ditching us working and at hockey so we made creme brulee to make ourselves feel better.

We have finally been making progress with pooping. She is finally starting to go in the potty. No more crazy constipation and only one poopy pull up in the last couple weeks. She got this dress for her efforts.


Sometimes while Scar naps Quinn and I hot tub.

Scar can kind of sit up in the grocery cart and she looks cute as usual.



Scar likes to be naked. And eat watermelon.


Quinn likes to stick her tongue out for pictures. And eat watermelon.

We met up with Famulaks and Starks and hit up a free indoor play area and then Mcdonalds. It was a good time. And I even saw a kid who can scream louder than Quinn. It was impressive.

It was warm here for a few days. So much snow melted and we got out for some walks and Scars first time swinging. She loved it of course! Can't wait for Spring!



Quinn loves to play iphone. Its a problem.

Our other favorite place is the toy hutch. I bought a groupon with 10 punch passes so I try to go once a week till summer comes. Both kids love it and I love that it is so close to home!

Love both my girls.


Scar also loves rice cereal biscuits and mum mums. She definitely likes to feed herself.

Not so happy that she escaped her pajamas.

I was losing my marbles and needed to get out of the house. I went shopping and bought stuff for...Quinn and Tyler. Epic mom fail.

We went to a drop in gymnastics with friends. Despite crazy moms yelling at our kids and being super  overprotective we had a blast!




This is how Scar watches Quinn's gymnastics class.

She let me curl her hair. I can't wait to do it again. A little bribery never hurt anyone. Right?

We had a great January. Can't wait to see what February brings!





3 comments :

girluntitled said...

ok that picture of quinn sticking her tongue out is a carbon copy of YOU! sucha mini erin haha

Nicole said...

OH how I miss Edmonton! So many fun things to do in the Winter with your kids. Lethbridge is lame-balls.

Wilson Family said...

Seriously, what is WRONG with gymnastic moms? I thought I was taking crazy pills here at Elle's class. It is slightly comforting that it happens there, too! Miss you. L-