Saturday, April 4, 2009

Update


As always life in our house has been crazy lately. Last weekend we headed to Calgary on Saturday so Tyler could attend Super Saturday for his work. I spend the whole day with my little sister Elise and we had some serious retail therapy. It was so much fun! I am currently doing my final clinical of third year on a medicine unit at the RAH. Frankly I find the unit pretty boring and resembles long term care...which I have had MORE than enough of but this past week I had my first and hopefully last needle stick. It was so stressful. I had to fill out a ton of paperwork and the patient had to get tested. Luckily for me she tested negative for all diseases so I am going to be ok. Definately a scary and stressful experience though. Tyler has been busy playing on 2 hockey teams and with school. He has also started going out selling which will be nice to have an income again. Other than that I got my placement for my summer internship. I will be working surgery at the Grey Nuns! I am very excited about it. Hopefully I can pull off a B in this class and keep my position. It should be a good experience and it will be nice to make money and get credit for a class at the same time. Only 2 weeks left until I am done 3rd year and a mere 251 days until I am GRADUATED! It can't come fast enough!

2 comments :

Carrie said...

Cute picture guys!

The Scow's said...

About time you updated this thing!!! I didn't know about the needlestick. Thanks for keeping me informed.