This weekend we made the big trip to southern Alberta. We decided to leave Thursday night and unfortunately hit the worst storm we have ever seen and believe me we have driven through A LOT of blizzards. We got to Red Deer no problem and then hit the snow and wind. The roads were covered with ice and people were stopping in the middle of the QE2. Tyler had to swerve into the ditch 2 different times to avoid accidents, we passed a 13ish car pile up and were detoured off the highway. We spent the rest of the drive to Calgary going between 35-50 km/h on a different highway and finally after 5 and a half hours got there safe. It was crazy! It tooks us over 8 hours to get to Raymond. Super ridiculous but so worth it to be there for Britt and Jay!


Friday night after a nice long run in the wind (like running in a swimming pool), and shopping with my sister, I got to spend with some of my favorite girls for Britt's last night as an unmarried woman. It was so much fun! I love that I can not see these girls for weeks and as soon as we get together it is like no time has passed at all. I guess living together can do that to you. We got together at my Mom's house and ate some food and Britt opened the sweet gifts that I won't discuss on here. Needless to say she was pretty spoiled and Jacie outdid herself. Then we headed over to the church and did some decorating. We revamped the centerpieces and finished the ceremony site. It was a fun way to spend the night.

Saturday morning after delicious waffles made by Kev and lazing around at the Dudley's we headed over to the wedding. Britt looked absolutely stunning and Jay was as handsome as ever. It was so fun to see them get married and I couldn't be happier for them. It was so fun for Tyler and I to see some of our best friends get married to each other. Britt and I became good friends in grade 12 and then lived together for a year after high school. Britt is always up for anything and we had some good times together. Jay and Tyler grew up playing hockey since they were little kids and were friends throughout high school. The family dinner was delicious (banana cream pie and funeral potatoes with no onions!) and the reception was great complete with five cent candies and cotton candy. It was great to catch up with old friends and celebrate with Jay and Britt. We love you guys! Move to Edmonton ASAP!
2 comments :
awe, wish i could have come! looks like it was a lot of fun! I haven't seen you girls FOR-EV-ER!
it looks so beautiful!! britt was absolutely stunning. i so wanted to come. i hope to see everyone at mal's wedding!!
Post a Comment