I'm PREGNANT! We couldn't be more excited. I am due sometime close to Christmas so I am just over 12 weeks along. It has been an interesting and new experience that so far hasn't been too bad. I have been sick on and off but I can't really complain when I hear of others pregnancies. I just feel so blessed (and scared spitless!) to be able to be a mom.
I waited a long long time to take a pregnancy test because I had been disappointed so many times before so finally one morning I woke up before Tyler and took a test and it was positive. I couldn't believe it! I wanted to wait to tell Tyler but I couldn't stand it so I made a quick shirt that said "Future Leafs Fan" and told him. He was beyond pumped as I'm sure anyone who knows him could imagine. We also called Payton in Indonesia (we promised he would be the first to know since he would be the last to meet the Baby). He was pretty excited himself and we swore him to secrecy.



We told our families on the weekend of Mother's Day. I spent the week with my family so they all guessed well before the Sunday when we planned to tell them. So we bought this fun shirt and I walked out in it. It was really fun! They were really excited.
We were able to hold off telling Ty's family until Mother's Day when we got his mom (who has wanted to be a Grandma since the day we got married) a recordable card that said you have this mom thing down and Tyler recorded "Now trying being a Grandma!" Meanwhile I unzipped my coat to show my shirt. There were instantaneous tears from everyone except me and Ty. We have it on video but unfortunately its on my sisters camera in Idaho. It was a great and fun way to tell them. Anyway we are sure excited!
10 comments :
Erin, I am sooo super excited for you guys!! Congrats :) I was really nervous and not sure I was ready to be a mom, but honestly, it is soooo awesome! I love love love it. You will be a great mom - you may feel nervous and anxious now, but when your baby finally comes, it is just such a happy and awesome blessing!
Congrats Erin!
I'm way excited for the both of you!
Yeah! Congratulations that is so exciting! Good luck with everything!!
that is so exciting! You guys are going to have the cutest baby!
Yay! I'm so excited that you finally posted about it! I can't wait to meet this new little baby!
That shirt is hilarious! I should wear that all the time, even if I'm not pregnant. Good idea- I told my mom you're preg and the first thing she said was "Monette must be so thrilled!"
Well of course, I already knew BUT here's another WOOO HOOOO!!!! Can't wait for this little Dudley!
Yes once again I am so excited! Loved the shirt idea...the weird thing is at stake conference a few weeks back I was gonna ask you if you had lost weight! hahha Can't wait until you actually start showing!
congrats! It's one of the best things you'll ever do:) Maybe you'll even get a mini panda of your own!!!
YEAAAHH! We're (still!) super excited for you guys! Being parents is so much fun and by far the best adventure we've had yet! You guys will be an awesome Mom and Dad; that sweet little baby is luck! Also, I love the shirt!
Post a Comment