Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Best Friend's Wedding

So last weekend my BFF got married! I always say that Mal and I have been friends since birth. We are born only 1 week apart and live within 2 miles of each other our whole lives growing up. We did everything together for as long as I can remember. After high school we moved up to Edmonton together and shared the grungy basement in our awesome house of girls. She is the best friend I could ever ask for. She is supportive and would do anything for me and I feel the same way. No matter how long it has been since have talked or seen each other we just fall into our same routine. I love this girl like my sister and it was so amazing to be there to watch her marry the man of her dreams. Cody you are one lucky guy and you will have to answer to me now!
(All the old roomies minus Janna)

So the weekend started out on Thursday night when I had a little bachelorette party for Mal in Lethbridge. We headed out to Firestone (delicious) and then back to my mom's for some dirty gifts. It was so great to see everyone. Paige, Jazmin, Sara, Jacie, Noelle, Mal, and I had a great time. It is amazing how long we could for about anything and everything. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures...Saturday was the big day. I woke up early and got ready and then headed into Lethbridge with Mal to get her hair and make-up done. The salon was amazing and did a great job. She was totally transformed and looked absolutely stunning. It was fun to drive there and back and just hang out with her before the big ceremony. The ceremony was awesome, I made it down the stone walkway aisle and over the bridge without tripping. Mal's parent's back yard was beautiful and the weather was cooperative. Mal looked gorgeous in her dress and Cody cleaned up pretty well. There were some tear shed and a kiss and it was done. After the ceremony we took pictures and then had the reception outside. It was great to visit with old friends and family. The food was A-MAZ-ING! Finally over to the Croation club in Lethbridge for some toasts and dancing. Overall it was a great day and I couldn't be happier for my best friend. Congratulations Mal & Cody! I love you guys! Now hurry up and join the baby making train so our kids can be best friends too!



Some awkward picture Tyler took to make up for not taking any pics of the ceremony

The ceremony took place in this gazebo

Oh how I wish there was two in there!

So good to see Bee! I love my Bee.

I'm pretty sure my husband is the cutest

The happy couple

Bridesmaids minus Sasha

With the center piece




1 comment :

girluntitled said...

i still can't get over how tanned bee is! or red...whatever it is, she got some color on that mexican vacay of hers! i'm sad i missed you at the reception; had to run in and do another bridal shower (the millionth one this summer) but it was so much fun going out to dinner all together! yay for new beginnings!