Sunday, September 5, 2010

Discovery Wildlife Park

If you haven't heard of Discovery Wildlife Park you probably should! Yesterday I finally fulfilled one of my goals and attended this strange but awesome establishment. I have lived in Edmonton for 5 years now and have wanted to go to this place since the first time I passed it on the highway. Tyler of course thought it would be lame so I had to recruit other people to go with me. Tannis is always up for my strange Alberta tourism adventures (Gopher Hole Museum/Alberta Sports Hall of Fame) and we finally convinced my other sister Elise and her husband Tim to come visit and go with us. Upon first driving up it resembles a wide open field with no much else but after paying and peeing in some disgusting bathrooms (I am pregnant and couldn't hold it) we quickly discovered the awesome-ness that is DWP! Pretty much you walk around and see animals that are only separated by chain link fences. I have never been that close to lions, tigers (my favorite) and bears before! It was seriously so cool. They had all kinds of animals and unfortunately we missed the tiger show but got to see the bear show. Pretty much we were like 5 feet from giant kodiak bears that were movie stars...they were in anchorman! and superbowl commercials (check out the website www.bearwithme.org). All in all it was a great day and a cool experience. I definately recommend DWP to anyone in the area.

DO NOT RUN OR YOU WILL BE PREY!

Some strange animal from Tim's native land

We LOVE Tigers!
I'm pretty much a Tiger Whisperer

Lions

I hope to never be this close to a bear in real life


I heart Discovery Wildlife Park

We took this picture for my mom cause she loves covered bridges...

4 comments :

AKutarna said...

looks so fun...but i am more impressed that i have actually now seen a picture with Tim NOT doing the peace sign in it. haha

Amber and Brad said...

Looks fun! And by the way how pregnant are you cuz you are so tiny!! There is no belly at all!!

biz and dahlin said...

Hey I thought you were pregnant... wheres the baby bump! Looks like you are having a blast!

The Scow's said...

so it looks like a ton of fun. i love the sign, it's a good thing we didn't come and bring Cohen he might have turned into prey. See you in 3 weeks and 5 days (but who's counting)!