Quinn finally got to wear her first white dress yesterday for her blessing. February was such a busy month for us so we had to wait till the first sunday in March to bless her. I was a bit stressed the dress wouldn't fit but crisis averted it fit like a dream. Quinn was blessed in the dress that my Grandma Wilde made for my sisters and I to be blessed in. I seriously am in love with it and have been dreaming of blessing my little girl in it for a long time. We used a white blanket also made by my Grandma Wilde. Quinn had lots of family come to her blessing. Tyler's parents and Brooke and Payton were able to come up Saturday night and we enjoyed a meal at Red Robin and the ACAC final basketball game that Nait won. Elise and Tim drove up from Calgary and Tannis and Janna came as well. We had so many friends there to support us. Tyler did an amazing job on the blessing and even being the emotionless robot he is shed a few tears. It was so great to hear him bless her with the strength to be an example to those around her and to be smart and become educated because those are two things I really want for her. It was amazing to hear him speak of grandparents who love her and especially those who were watching her from beyond the veil. Its at times like these...the happy occasions when family is all together that I seem to miss my Dad the most but I know he was there and he loves Quinn as much as we do. In the circle we had Tyler, Quinn's Grandpa Dudley, Uncle Payton, Uncle Tim and two of our close friends Jordan Henrie and Nick Famulak. After the blessing we had a delicious meal cooked by my mom of funeral potatoes and ham. Quinn managed to have a blow-out during pictures and even got some on the dress but we quickly washed it and it looks like future grandkids will still be able to wear the dress. After dinner we all hung out and visited before everyone had to head home. It was a great day!
10 comments :
oh I miss her so much already! She's so cute! Thanks for letting me come play with you guys! I had a really good time...and Tyler gave a beautiful blessing! I was glad I got to be there for it.
Awwe I am sad that we couldn't be there for it. She looked so cute and the picture of you guys on you blog is amazing! Give her a kiss for me and I plan on cuddling with her lots when i get back! Good work Ty! Sounds like a great blessing!
okay, no kidding she is growing too fast!! she already looks different than when she was born. what a cute girl you have!!
So CUTE! I'm sorry I missed it- I'm glad everything went well, and that SOMETHING was blown out! I love the new header pic, by the way!
It was great to be at Quinn's blessing, and Tyler did such a great job. I especially love the picture of her & Tyler where she is smiling so big and looks a lot like her daddy!
I love that she was blessed in the same dress as you! She is sooo sweet, I love the picture of her big smile. I swear blowouts always happen on blessing days. I love your guys' family picture at the top too!
aw cute! she looks so cute in that one with tyler all smiling! hey who did your baby pictures? they look adorable. i don't know who to get. yours look great!
Quinny looks so cute! I think it should read Quinn was blessed in the dress that was made for #1 Danielle and she was kind enough to share it with her sisters. :) Convince Tyler to come down here so we can see Quinn again soon!!!
Jordan and I both cracked up at that picture of Tyler and Quinn, Exact same smile!! Adorable! I thought she looked alot like you Erin but in that picture...she is her Daddy's baby!! Tyler did a great job at her blessing, I'm glad we were there for it! Love your new family picture too!
Post a Comment