Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

For this September long weekend my older sister decided to drive up from Idaho with her two boys (crazy I know...) so we all headed to Welling to hangout together. Every time I go to southern alberta I'm quickly reminded why I love that place. It seems like people actually genuinely care how you are doing and it is kind of refreshing. My sisters and I had fun like we always do. Tyler spent the majority of his trip golfing at Henderson Lake in a tournament with his dad...which they won! So I didn't see him a lot. This trip we were so busy and seemed to have and adventure or outing everyday! Quinn was having one power nap per day instead of the usual 2-3 she takes but seemed to adjust pretty well. The weather actually cooperated and we got to spend some time outside even. The 10 most awesome things we did.

1. I loved watching all the cousins play together. I'm so excited for Quinn to have cousins so close to her age. Cohen was so patient and loving with both kids and Mason and Quinn could actually entertain each other for short periods of time. I loved when Cohen would talk to Quinn and always say "Hey Quinny Girl" So cute!








2. We started the busy week with a spur of the moment trip to the zoo. We were supposed to go Friday but looked at the weather Thursday at 8:30 and decided to just go that day. We were out the door by 10 and the weather was awesome, Cohen was hilarious, and we all loved all the animals. Quinn was great I just carried her in the wrap all day and she loved it!







3. Went swimming. A trip to Welling is not complete without a visit to a pool. Quinn is a total water baby and loved every second as usual. I beat Muff at a diving competition. Elise taught Cohen to call everyone stinky and we got to visit with Esther and Callum.

4.We went out to Tyler's parents and his Grandpa Dudley helped us all ride the ponies, Daisy & Dolly. Cohen hated it at first and then wouldn't let anyone hold onto his horse. He thought he was a cowboy. Quinny took a nice snooze in her Great Grandmas arms and then enjoyed the horses way way more.






5.We shot guns! I'm really starting to love this. John and Sheri and the boys came out and we shot clay pigeons. I was way better this time than last time! We had a weiner roast and visited. Great way to spend a day.

6.We went to Waterton. We did a sweet hike...around Red Rock...and played in the water of Red Rock and the Lake. Quinn loved splashing in the ice cold glacier water and Cohen loved throwing rocks. Mason hung and was chill as usual. The trip there and back all crammed in the van was not so fun...but memorable all the same.








7. Jeopardy on the Wii. Elise so kindly brought Jeopardy to kill time while our children napped or slept at night and we were addicted. I won most of the time...but on occasion Tim did beat me.

8.Slurpee/Candy/Chip/Beverage runs to the Blue Goose or Town Pump. Nothing beats a good small town slurpee!

9. Impromptu shopping trips with 3 kids in car seats and lacking naps. Elise almost lost her marbles more than once trapped in the back of the van with 3 LOUD whiny children. Thank goodness for our nanny! We love you Lisey!

10.Quad rides around the farm and visit Great Grandma Wilde.

It was good to be home.

4 comments :

Wilson Family said...

AHHH I love Welling. I'm so jealous, but happy you had such a blast. We miss you all, most especially Quinny. COME VISIT ME. =)

Ry and Court said...

Awe that looks like so much fun- this makes me wish i could sometimes make impromptu trips home. Quinn is getting so big!!

Carrie said...

I love all the pics - it inspires me to possibly blog more about my own summer adventures. possibly.

you are SO cute in your white sunglasses. seriously so hip and cool!

and lastly, I think it's time to hang out again :) you guys got plans on saturday? call me asap and we'll plan.

Lauren Bennett said...

awesome- so fun! Also.. that picture of Quinn on the rock.. bet that was harder to get a picture of than it looks! haha