Monday, October 17, 2011
Tragedy
On Saturday night a tragedy happened in Magrath. 4 teens were in a car accident that was fatal. Although I didn't know any of them personally I grew up in this town. I love this town. I love the people in this town and this story breaks my heart. These were good kids. Kids who were friends with my cousins and family to my friends. When my mom called Sunday morning and shared this news with me I was shocked. As the day wore on I started to ponder. As I sat in the dark rocking my baby to sleep I couldn't help but shed tears for the mothers who have lost their children. I can't imagine the pain they must feel. I want to learn from this. I want to enjoy the moments I have with my family. I want to hold Quinn for one minute longer than I used to. I want to tell my husband everyday I love him and show it. I don't want days or months or even years to go by without contacting my very best friends to tell them how much they mean to me. This event hits home that life is short and temporary. The plan of salvation is an amazing blessing. I hope in memory of these four people we can all love a little better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
1 comment :
I couldn't help but wonder, "what if..." as well. Definitely important to cherish every moment. My prayers are with those families.
Post a Comment