Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It's Official

Well it's official. WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!! I'm going to be an Edmontonian for a few more years at least! Yay! It is way on the west side which is a part of the city I'm not familiar with at all but we are super excited! I'm really loving lists right now so here are the Top 10 Things I'm excited about and the Top 10 things I will miss.

10 Exciting things
1. I will have my own dishwasher and washer/drier. I can't wait to not walk down 3 flights of stairs and the end of the hall with a 1 year old and all my laundry.
2. No more annoying people knocking on your door ALL the time with complaints etc.
3. I can do Insanity in my basement!
4. Space. I feel like we are bursting at the seams here.
5. A backyard-where I can send my child and dog at any time!
6. An extra bedroom for visitors to stay instead of on the couch.
7. Room to have people over to play games/barbeque/entertain. PAR-TAY!
8. A new ward with babysitters (AKA Young Women!)
9. A Garage.
10. I'm so excited to FINALLY be settled. To have a place to call home. To decorate!

10 Things I'm going to miss
1. The location. You absolutely CANNOT beat the location of where I live now. 5 minutes to work. Minutes to the river valley. Close to anywhere in the city.
2. People. I will miss so many people in my ward and the memories from this apartment. This is where Tyler & I were newlyweds. We got a dog. Graduated from University. Got Jobs. Became Parents. This is Quinny's first home and its a little sad to leave it.
3. Whyte Ave. I have a love/hate relationship with this place.
4. Wild Earth Foods. I love having that place so close.
5. The sketchy mechanic and vet half a block away.
6. Living close to my sister/sister in law. I love having them close!
7. Ok I could only think of 6 things. I guess I'm really excited to get out of here!

Pictures to come when we move in and renovate!

5 comments :

Mal and Cody said...

That is so exciting! Congrats you guys! It will be so nice to be in your own home.

janna and stephen said...

congrats!! we just bought in raymond too!! look at us getting so big and growing up. Can't wait to see it!

Jen and Josh Payne said...

AHHH I'm so excited you are staying in Edmonton! I am sad that you aren't living right next to me though haha!!

Julie said...

oh congrats you guys!!! that will be so great! cant' wait to see pictures

Lauren Bennett said...

One more plus- you're in our ward! YAYYYY! Can't wait to see the new place!