A couple weeks ago I had the amazing privilege of going to Vegas with two of my 3 sisters. (We all missed you Tan! It wasn't the same without you! Dang School!!!) Me and Elise flew from Calgary and met up with Muff in San Fran for a quick layover then straight to vegas. We stayed at Excalibur and arrived at our hotel at around 1:00 AM. People were out and about and despite Danielle's pleadings we went to bed and slept in until 10 AM! It was glorious. My favourite part of the trip by far. The rest of our trip was spent doing all the things you do in Vegas. Shopping. Eating out (once per day...thanks to Muff). People watching. Suntanning (or burning in Elise's case). Walking. Riding the bus. Going to Cirque. and Gambling. It was the perfect girls weekend and I can't wait until we can going again (all 4 of us!)
What I came home to. I seriously missed these two!
Happy to be in Vegas!
On the bus
KA
Favorite Quote of the trip. Elise: "the reason you don't have any normal pictures of me is because I'm not normal..."

This show was awesome!
Las Vegas!
Best Game Ever
Met the Coke bear...shortly after this picture he bit my head.
Bellagio
Stratosphere

The vegas skyline
Suntanning
Frozen Hot Chocolate from Serendipity. Divine!
Matching
Sad cause I lost all my money
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
Riding the rides at the stratosphere

M & M
Seeing the flamingos

So Muff likes to do a 10 shot sequence of self portraits...apparently I was done.
Highlights were:
-eating the free Excalibur buffet...DISGUSTING
-Finally going to the coach outlet and not buying anything. Anyone going to Vegas soon?
-The Gold Fish Game
-All the street vendors asking what part of Canada we were from. I'm not sure if it was the shorts or pasty white skin that gave us away.
-Not getting mugged waiting for the bus outside the stratosphere
-Burning more calories than we ate...EVERYDAY
-Muffy not being able to put off her Joni/travel nazi tendencies. Hence the one meal per day.
-Non stop sister bonding.
Worst part of the trip came when we arrived at the airport to go home. We tried to check into our flight but only one part came up. Turns out our flight from Denver to Calgary had been completely cancelled and there wasn't another one until the next day at 6 PM. Seeing that both Elise and I had to work and I had no one to watch Quinny we were desperate to get on to another flight. The nice people at United worked with us and told us we were on the Air Canada flight leaving in 1.5 hours. So we walked the distance (probably 1 km) to Air Canada and they were so mean and told us no we weren't and to go back to united. So I take the bags and Elise sprints back (another km). We get there and they are on the phone with Air Canada and tell us since we don't have bags to check to run back (another km). We arrive at Air Canada sweating and in tears (me anyway) and they were jerks to us again. Telling Elise to quit yelling etc etc. Finally we get on the flight. Sprint to security cause "they aren't holding the flight for us" and get to the gate only to find the plane isn't even there and it left 1 hour late! Air Canada...I wish you wouldn't give us a bad name and be nicer to people. I think I'll think twice before flying with them again. Finally we land in Calgary only to find it blizzarding and the QE 2 closed. I slept on Tim & Elise's couch for 4 hours, got up at 5 and made the 4 hour drive home. It was insane but totally worth it to see Quinn and Tyler.
3 comments :
Jealous of your sister's trip! Looked like a lot of fun!
Awwe looks like you guys had so much fun! I would have come and crashed it since you are only like 4 hours away!! Glad you had fun!! Miss you
what the what- air canada those lame-o's! looks like you had fun, and, judging by your gollom picture, it tired you out. ps- who gets to sleep in til 10? that's like an alternate dimension! miss you. see you soon. =)
Post a Comment