Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Goodbye Soo-Soo

We FINALLY said goodbye to this little girl's beloved "Soo-Soo"!!!


Turns out it really wasn't that hard and maybe I was the one who was attached to it? No...





I was kind of forced into it actually. She had spent the morning at one of my friend's houses while I slept after a night shift. When I got there to pick her up they couldn't find her soother anywhere. I told them it wasn't a big deal and headed home. On the drive I realized that was the only soother I had and how was I going to put her down for a nap? I'm not going to lie I contemplated going to the store and buying a new one (do you blame me after my failed attempt at potty training???!!!). I stayed strong and decided I could do it. We got home and she asked for her "soo-soo". I informed her that she had lost it at Taylor's and we don't have soothers anymore. There was not even one tear shed. I couldn't believe it. She grabbed her blankets, I snuggled her in bed and she went to sleep no problem. She has asked about each time we get in the car and before bed but knows we don't have one and doesn't get too worked up about it. I can't believe how easy it was!

1 comment :

The Ericksons said...

Yeah!! That's so exciting. We've tried several times to get rid of nicks with no success. His is cut in several places for a week but he still wants to sleep with it!! As for potty training I'm to scared to start.....