I'm going to try to do a little catch up for March before I move onto blogging our Toronto trip and my week at home with my sisters. Time is flying by these days and I can't seem to stay caught up with everything! We spent the month of March trying to power through to the end of winter. Tyler worked lots of early mornings and I worked lots of nights but somewhere in there we found time to have a little fun.
I was finally a fun mom one day and made some shaving cream paint in the tub. She loves painting and especially likes me to draw all the shapes she knows.
The snow came and went a lot. I feel like it came more than went. March was a bit of a seasonal depression month for me...that carried on into April...
I made some green food for St. Patricks day. Turns out dying the food was easy but eating green eggs and crepes just didn't feel right. Needless to say none of us really enjoyed that meal. Maybe next year I'll just stick to green juice?
I played on a basketball team all winter with my little sister. I was going to stop playing in January due to the fetus...then it turned into February...then March...Long story short I played the whole season and the baby survived. I did get a few looks and worried stares from the other team and refs but I felt fine so why not right?
Quinn really grew a liking for shoveling snow. Lucky for us we live in Edmonton. So we spent lots of time shovelling the walks.
We sometimes pretended like we were going to potty train. Then she has one accident and I quit. Maybe I need to potty train myself? I don't know. I don't know how to do it and she is just so darn stubborn. Any tips and tricks would be appreciated!
Quinny got new gum boots for when all the snow melts and she loves them. She can put them on and take them off all by herself (which I love) and loves to jump in puddles!
Elise came to visit us at some point. Her husband ditched her to Nova Scotia so she decided to join the cool sisters in Edmonton. We had a blast and finally hit up the pretend aquarium in the basement of West Ed. Probably not worth the cost because it is really just one room but fun all the same.
Quinny loves this girl. Tannis paints Quinn's nails ALL the time. They spend a lot of time together. Quinn asks on a daily basis where Tannis is and is so excited when she comes over. Aunts really are the best.
We went to the drop in gymnastics a couple times to kill time and Quinn loved it. I'm thinking maybe I should put her in an actual class. Maybe this winter.
We stayed home for Easter this year and it was awesome. Tyler had a few days off so we got to spend lots of time together as a family. Quinn of course loved all her treats from the Easter bunny and was a pro at the egg hunt. I made funeral potatoes and ham and we fed Tannis. It was relaxing and perfect.
Shovelling Snow again...
WE finally got Quinn a bed! And I mean finally. This kid was climbing out of her crib since she was around 18 months old so it was a long time coming. She loves her big girl bed and I'm happy we finally bit the bullet and got one. Just in time to use the crib again...
1 comment :
Quinn is getting so big! She sounds a lot like Cali, which secretly makes me so happy. All the kids her age we run into here are so quiet and calm and well-behaved. It often makes me feel like I got a little terror, when she's really just a more typical toddler. Anyways, as for potty-training I'm terrified to do it too! I have no idea where to even start. I just figure I'll do it this Summer when I can just let her run around naked outside. :) Good luck! Hope we run into you sometime.
Post a Comment