Last night my friend called me and asked me to go to a movie. I was tired from work and out at Costco so I quickly said no. Then the guilt crept in. This girl has been one of my best friends since moving here. We grew up together but have only really become friends since moving away from our small hometown. She is sadly moving away in a couple months and happily having a baby in a few days so it would have been great to spend time together. I will miss her. I'm such a bad friend. Why haven't I called or texted my other friends. Some have had babies, or just know I'm thinking about them. Then there is the flip side. I worked on Monday and would be gone every evening for the rest of the week. This was the only night I could put Q to bed. Would she remember that I wasn't there at night? Would she miss me? Do I spend enough time with her? Do I get to see my husband enough? Do I need to work? Am I drinking enough water and taking my vitamins for this new baby. Had she moved recently? Is my house clean and supper made? What about my young women? It just goes on and on. Today I'm going to try to do better. To live in the moment and to make myself believe that what I can do is good enough.

2 comments :
I feel like this all of the time I just think it is part of being a mother and wife... Somedays are better than others lol!! Love you!!
i feel guilty sometimes----even moreso now that i'm a mom! and from the sounds of it you have a lot to juggle right now...take it easy girfraaaan! i thought of you the other day 'cuz i thought of something funny that i wanted to text you about...but now i can't remember what it was haha. i'm coming up to edmonton the beginning of june for a course and i hope we can get together while i'm there!
Post a Comment