About a month ago as I was sitting at my house feeling nauseous and exhausted listening to my whiny 2 year old I decided I needed a break. I was tired. So I texted some friends (who also happened to be pregnant and tired) and we planned a short weekend girls getaway to Banff. When I started planning this I didn't think it would actually happen but then before long everyone was on board and it was amazing!
Lauren, Robin, and I headed off to Banff on Friday afternoon in my jeep. Unfortunately they failed to mention that neither of them could drive stick so I had to drive the entire way there and back on 3 hours of sleep! Oh well it was totally worth it! We finally arrived, met up with Linds and ate at the closest restaurant we could find since it was 7 pm and well past our usual supper time. We spent the rest of the evening talking, hot tubbing, and just enjoying hanging out again. We had some great late night conversations that still make me laugh thinking about them.
We woke up after a glorious sleep in and had some free breakfast then headed out for the day. We did a little shopping, a little eating, a little site seeing, got manis/pedis, then hit up the hot tub again before bed. It was such a great relaxing day with great friends.
 |
| Clearly the shopping was amazing.. |
 |
| Hot. |
 |
| Definitely cleaned house at the candy store. |
 |
| This is my sexy lingerie... |
 |
| Pedis |
 |
| Lauren? |
 |
| These massage chairs were a bit much. There was a butt massage option... |
 |
| Hot Pink |
 |
| 4 Prego. Got a few weird looks. |
 |
| Cute! |
And an impromptu pregnancy photo shoot. Who needs professionals anyway?
 |
| Linds. Due April something... |
 |
| Lauren. Due April something. |
 |
| Robin. Due June something. |
 |
| Erin. Due July something. |
Sunday morning we woke up to a blizzard...we tried to wait it out the best we could but eventually had to head home. The roads were scary all the way to Airdrie. Like snowdrifts, icy, sweaty palms and driving 50 km/h scary but we made it home safe and sound and it was worth every bit of stress. I seriously love these 3 girls and feel so comfortable and myself with them. I could not have got through the first year of Quinn's life without them and can't wait till we can do this again. Preferably somewhere warmer!
2 comments :
Very fun! Glad you got away and some sane time.
I have a great location for your next trip...it includes sun, beaches, and a free stay with me! If I have to get pregnant so we can make it a prego bonding experience don't think I won't!
Post a Comment