Monday, July 8, 2013

T-O

Tyler and I decided way back in April that we needed a getaway. We had looked at trips for awhile and wanted to go somewhere warm. But since I was preggo and riding rides was out so was Florida and we didn't have enough days to go somewhere too far so we decided on Toronto. Why you might ask? Well Tyler is THE BIGGEST leafs fan I know. He LOVES them! He also loves the Raptors and the Blue Jays. It has always been one of his dreams to go to a Leafs Game in the Air Canada Center so we thought Why Not? Quinny was lucky enough to spend our time away with her Grandparents in Raymond and I'm pretty sure she didn't even miss us! The leafs game was on the very first night we got there. It was a blast! We got there early enough to watch warm-ups and Tyler was seriously so cute. Unfortunately the Leafs lost but it was still so cool to be with all Leafs fans. Turns out I kinda love them too.

 






                                        We made sure all our hotels had pools and hot tubs and we went every night we were gone. This is back in April so somewhere around 16 weeks? Wow I thought I was huge Haha 

 
The next day we spent sightseeing around downtown Toronto. We spent hours upon hours at the Hockey Hall of Fame. It was pretty cool!
I love goalies!
 

 

We saw the Stanley Cup!
 
 
 
 
Then we ventured over to the old Maple Leaf Gardens. Which is now a sweet grocery store where I tried a macaroon and an ice arena for Ryerson University. It was actually pretty sweet.
 


Tim Horton was a Maple Leaf!
 
 
 
 

Lunch at the Hard Rock
 
 
Our Hotel was right on the water. So before we left we had some breakfast and walked down by the water. It was cold but beautiful.
 
 
 
 
The next day we headed out for some Blue Jays action. And THEY WON! It was so fun. Tyler`s very first MLB baseball game. There were tons of fans and our seats were awesome. My favorites were Rasmus and Reyes.
 
Can`t go to a baseball game without eating a gigantic hot dog.
 


 

                                  
 
 
After the game we headed over to the CN tower. It was fun to be up so high and have a great view of Toronto. It was crazy expensive but we decided we had to go up!


 
 
Tyler hated standing on the glass floor. It was pretty terrifying to look all the way down...

 
 
One night I was really craving some McDonalds...so we ventured into all the underground city that is Toronto and eventually found some. It was kinda crazy how much stuff they have underground in their downtown.

The next day we were on our way out of Toronto and onto Niagara Falls. We made a quick pitstop at the Toronto Temple which was unfortunately had closed grounds until May. Really reminded me of Edmonton.
 


 

We also made a pitstop at Target Canada! I was pretty excited. Lucky for me I have one right down the street from me now.

 
We finally made it to Niagara Falls! We did all the fun sightseeing stuff. We hot tubbed. We ate. We slept. It was great weather. These falls are seriously AMAZING.


 


Downtown Niagara had all kinds of fun museums. We minigolfed and went on a Ferris Wheel too. It was great!


 
 
Our favorite wax museum guy.

Love me some Elvis.

 
We hit up the Hershey`s store

 
This reminded me of Tannis and Nathan...


 
On the Ferris Wheel

 
 








 
After Niagara Falls we headed back to Hamilton and after finally dropping off our car (stupid enterprise!) we boarded our plane home to see our baby girl. We definitely missed her but it was so awesome to get away just the two of us. Can`t wait till our next vacation!

 

No comments :