Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I Must Be Crazy

So I'm pretty sure that I'm crazy...my poor sister unfortunately lives very far away from me and really enjoys visitors. A few months ago I told her that since I was on Mat leave I had all kinds of time to come visit her for American Thanksgiving and go black friday shopping. When I said this I was planning on flying. When I looked at tickets and realized that it would cost me over 1000 dollars to make this journey I decided driving would be a better option. Plus I would need room for all my black friday purchases...Yep. Crazy. On Sunday after church Tyler loaded us up and waved good bye to his nutso wife and cute kids and we headed to Welling. We made it there with no problems and only had to stop once. I was feeling pretty proud of myself. The kids went to bed...I however stayed up way too late talking to Tanner and didn't get to bed till after 10. Well 3 AM came and Scar woke up so I decided to just get on the road. By 3:30 we were driving and the kids slept all the way to Butte. It was magical. The only way to travel!


 We stopped once more at a play place in Idaho Falls and made it to Muffys around 2. It was surprisingly less stressful than anticipated. That is how to do it. Expect the worst and anything else is better. Quinn was so excited to see her cousins! They immediately played dress-up and the fun began.

 Needless to say Scar was pretty excited to get out of her car seat!

We had all kinds of fun. We ate at Chick-fil-A. I napped a lot. The kids played a lot and miraculously Quinn and Mason fought less. Scar was perfect as usual. Then it was time for American Thanksgiving.



Prior to dinner I stupidly signed up to run the Turkey Trot with some of Denton's family and Denton and Cohen. It was only 5 km but it really brought to light how out of shape I am and what my new years resolution should definitey be...








After the run we ate showered and hung out at Muff's in-laws the Scows until dinner. There was football watching (and Denton's awesome brother Shaun), appetizers, looking at fliers, and then dinner. Just how I pictured American Thanksgiving. Dinner was great! Muff provided some delicious funeral potatoes and dressing. There was ham and turkey, buns, diet coke. What more could you want.





 We got home late and after our kids were sound asleep looking just about like this we headed out to start on our shopping adventures!
We started at Wal-Mart. There weren't many people there by the time we arrived. No deaths or fights for us. We got all the toys and amazing deals we had come for and moved on to Target. Once again not very busy and we got everything we wanted and more. Finally at midnight after trying and failing to find some food (me and Muff don't eat Jack in the box due to an ecoli scare in 1999 and it was the only thing open...Thanks Mom!) we headed to the mall and found all the people. It was swarming and we were dying. Luckily we got some pretzels and powered through until 2 AM! We got some sweet deals. The next morning we hit up Fred Meyer and Costco to finish our shopping adventure. I got so much stuff. Definitely worth the trip!

 The lady at Costco asked if we were twins...don't see it...maybe cause we both looked exhausted?

That night we hit up some fireworks and tried to stay awake after being exhausted from shopping. Quinn thought the fireworks were awesome.

                                     







On Saturday we finally hit up the trampoline park and some awesome Christmas lights. I was skeptical if the kids would like the trampolines but they all loved it. And Scar was a perfect angel watching as usual.













The only person there from Canada!

Bright and early Sunday morning we drove all the way to Raymond. I survived again only needing some diet cokes and half of a sugar free red bull (disgusting by the way). We left a day earlier then planned because there were blizzard warnings for Monday and blizzard it did. We waited it out till Tuesday morning then we needed to get home to see Tyler!


We had so much fun in idaho but after 32 hours and over 3000 km we were pretty happy to be home! 

No comments :