Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentines Day

This year we had a great valentines day! A few days before I helped Quinn make some valentines for her aunts and uncles and cousins. Unfortunately I'm lazy and never got any mailed off…next year??


We got invited to a fun little Valentines party at my friend Carrie's house for the kids. It was great. The kids gave each other valentines, did a craft, decorated cookies, and had some veggies and crackers. It was perfect. Quinn had fun with her friends. I even dressed them up in their heart shirts for Valentines.


 We got lots of valentines from family. Quinn got to open mail from Great Grandma Wilde with valentines, treated, and balloons, and one from her cousins Cohen & Mason. They both also got valentines from Grandma Nettie when she was here visiting.


One tradition I've decided to start is for Tyler to bring the kids home a valentine every year. So far this year and last year they have been stuffed animals. Quinn named her cat Luna…just like aunty Brooke.

Tyler went over and above this valentines day! He got me a present. Some new lululemon tights, candy apples, and a pad for my straightener. And a card! I got him…nothing…maybe a date with me? Valentines is for the girl anyway right? So then we left our kids with a babysitter and went out to MKT. Best. Food. Ever. Brooke works there so she got us a sweet table and even joined us after her shift. Best part was the passed out drunk guy that fell off the bench smacked his head on the floor and had to get carried out. It was embarrassing.

Tyler is pretty much the best husband and dad we could ask for. We are pretty lucky to have him as our valentine. After 10 valentines days I still love this guy!

It was a pretty great day!



1 comment :

lo.bennett111 said...

PHHHHT way to drop the ball on valentines, Erin! jokes, glad you had fun! You're kids continue to be adorable.