Tannis unfortunately has been so busy with her preceptorship and had to work the weekend that Elise didn't and could come. (darn shift work!) So Elise and I picked up some supper and met her for her night shift break. So proud of this girl and almost being done nursing! I also got to make a quick stop by my old unit. Definitely miss those people. I'm sure i'll be complaining about work soon enough!
My best friend Mal came into the city for a conference and it worked out that Jacie and I could meet up with her for a couple hours. We got dessert and just visited. I sure do love these girls. I hope Mal can move to Edmonton someday. I would LOVE to have her closer! It was so great to see her! Fort Mac is way to far away!
I also got to meet up with some of my work friends for snacks and games. It was so great to catch up with everyone. My friend Sarah joined the mommy club a couple weeks later. She was so cute prego and her dog Milo was not my biggest fan...

I headed down to Calgary the next week and spent the day and night with Elise. Tim was busy working on a presentation so we didn't see much of him but we sure to love to visit Elise. Elise got diagnosed with Celiacs disease in January and has been gluten free ever since. She is so good at sticking to her diet and it is an adventure to find yummy gluten free options. Elise spoiled us with a green smoothie made in her blendtec. I'm still not completely sold but was pleasantly surprised with how good it tastes.
Elise's house is like an ice box. I'm talking like 15 degrees celcius in the basement. They had to preheat Scar's room for her. Her upstairs neighbours control the heat. According to Tim their weight is a factor in the temperature of the house… Needless to say I spend a lot of time surrounded by heaters and heated blankets.
We tried some delicious poutine with gluten free gravy. I was pleasantly surprised. You couldn't tell a difference at all!
I left Elise's had headed down to High River to see my girls. We get together as much as we can. When Linds suggested a visit to High River I couldn't say no. It was so fun to catch up with my friends again. We got to see the new Dental Clinic (it looks amazing!), the kids played so well together, we ate at a yummy french restaurant (I got steak…), and just enjoyed all being together. Darcy and Lauren are such great hosts. Their new finished basement is amazing as well. Thanks for a fun weekend!
Best part of the weekend was when I came home to a freshly painted and newly backsplashed kitchen. Seriously my husband is better than your husband!



















No comments :
Post a Comment