So I did it again. My sister had a baby all the way down in Idaho. I HAD to meet him ASAP so my younger sister Elise and I bit the bullet and made the long drive. I picked Elise up on Friday morning and we made the trek to Welling. Upon arrival my mom convinced us to go watch the zones game. It was fun to watch high school basketball again and I quickly realized how OLD I am! Nothing like watching kids play that were 7 years old when you graduated!
We got home and were doing our final pack up when Elise realized that she left her passport in Calgary. So a quick call to her husband and a late night drive to Claresholm and we were back in business. We left my moms at around 4 Am and made it to Butte before we had to stop for breakfast. It got a little dicey between butte and Idaho falls but we survived after a stop at the play place, and a short detour (whoops)! We made it muffy's!
Once there we met Oliver! He is as cute as ever and looks so much like her older boys!
The next day we enjoyed the beautiful weather and went to the park. Quinn was in heaven. She kept saying "mom there's no snow in the backyard!"
We spent the majority of our time shopping, eating (mostly chick fil a), snuggling Oliver, and watching NCAA basketball.
Muffy made us go to a Pinterest party. Since I have no idea how to Pinterest she made my craft for me and I just got to show up. I picked up some sweet mason jar sippy cups that Quinn loves. It was fun after all.
I think Mason and Quinn are turning a corner. They could be in the same room and sometimes even play together without any crying, screaming, or physical harm. It was so much less stressful! Quinn also loves to hold Ollie and follow Cohen everywhere and Mason seems to be a big fan of Scar. We love cousins!
While I was there Carson got his mission call! Thank goodness for modern technology I was able to FaceTime and watch him open it. He's going to Halifax! And he reports to the MTC on May 7! So soon! We are so proud of him but we are definitely going to miss having him around!
One night we went to watch Denton play in his basketball game. The kids ran around like terrors and Denton won so it was fun!
We of course did some bike and scooter riding. Made me excited for spring!
The day before we left Muffy took us to this free museum. It was fun for the kids and made us all feel like we could be artists with the cut and paste art display.
As we were leaving the museum I was buckling Scarlett in her seat when I look up to see Quinn pulling her pants down by a tree on the meridian. I yelled and ran but it was too late. She told me she was just peeing on the tree... My sisters and the lady on her parked car thought it was hysterical. I think she spent a little too much time with her boy cousins...
On our last night we got a babysitter and went out for Mexican to celebrate Elise and Dentons birthdays. It was yummy food and some was even gluten free! Then we came home and had some gluten free skor cake which was delicious.
I sure do love all these cute cousins!
We left at 4 AM the next day and made it to Welling! I got to drop the kids off with Tyler's parents and watch some more basketball! On Sunday I listened to my cousing Jonathan speak before he left for Argentina on his mission. He gave such a good talk and I'm so proud of him! Then we made the final trek home with Brooke in tow. I could not have made this trip without Elise. She was so helpful and all the kids love her! It was so great to be home and see Tyler but we sure do miss our cousins!









































No comments :
Post a Comment