Sunday, September 28, 2014

Fairmont

My family has been going to Fairmont for as long as I can remember. We used to go with all my aunts and uncles and cousins to my Grandparents time share during reading week every year. I have so many amazing memories at Mountainside condos. My mom got a time share a few years ago and we have enjoyed going in the summer the last few times. It is definitely nice to be able to get out and enjoy the mountains in the summer. There is so much to do here. Fairmont is one of my favorite places on the planet.

This year was extra fun because we had every member of my family sleeping in one cabin. They are not huge...so there was some interesting sleeping arrangements. Luckily Tyler and I got the upstairs bedroom (it pays to have children that need sleep). We stayed in our favorite location at T. We were close to the park and only a short walk to the Rec Center. One of the reasons we love this place is the rec center. Complete with indoor pool, activities, movies, and racquet ball courts. I do miss the talking parrot though... Its pretty crazy to see my kids enjoying the same things that I did as a kid. Love it!


We made the trek up to the hot pools. It isn't too far of a hike. Since the mudslide the pools have changed quite a bit. It was still fun anyway. Quinn really hated the muddy bottom and didn't last too long.






The playground next to our condo provided just enough entertainment while others cooked supper or cleaned. We each took a night to cooks supper. Everyone made delicious meals. It was so much easier than my mom trying to plan for everyone or eating out. I loved it!


These kids love their Grandma. She was teaching them how to play a game.




The boys did a lot of golfing. Lucky for us there was a hole right outside our condo. The kids loved to go out and meet their Dads. The boys probably didn't love it quite as much.


We drove into Invermere one day and hit up the lake. The weather was beautiful. Despite the cold water the kids played and played. They were particularly good and borrowing other peoples toys or throwing rocks.

Scarlett who is affectionately known as "hulk baby" had a hulk moment and ended up under a chair resulting in a nice slice down her back.













While in Invermere Grandma bought the kids some ice cream. They were in heaven!


We found a new favorite place to eat called Fairmont Pizza and Ice Cream. The pizza was so good and the ice cream was delicious. 


 I'm pretty sure we went to the pool every single day. The older kids got pretty brave and Scarlett preferred to just stay in the hot tub the whole time.







     The kids were pretty into their shuffleboard game.


We convince the boys to take the kids out for a couple holes. Quinn was in heaven golfing with Dad and steering the cart. Lucky kids to have such nice Dads. And seriously. Look at that view!







On our last morning there the kids convinced us to make a fire and cook smores. At 10 in the morning! They loved it! I wasn't complaining either.












I'm pretty blessed to call these girls my sisters. I love them to pieces and anytime we get to spend together is the best. I love that now we can all bring our husbands and kids along and the fun continues. Can't wait till next time!!

No comments :