We stayed over Saturday night at Elise & Tim's place and Lisey kindly dropped us off at the airport at 4:30 AM. She then took our kids to church and met up with Tyler's parents after to take them down to Raymond. We finally boarded our plane then waited an hour for it to de-ice. A massive storm came into Calgary on the night we were leaving. We slept most of the flight and landed in Dallas for a 6 hour layover. We ate some food and then spent our life savings on a cab to see Dallas Cowboys Stadium or AT&T stadium. (Note. Next time we will rent a car for 15 dollars a day then only use it for 6 hours!) We took the tour. It was pretty impressive. Jerry Jones really outdid himself. The jumbotron is massive! There is so much detail in every part of it. Tyler was in his own blue and white heaven. Next time we will actually have to watch them play.
We waited an hour outside for our cab to come back and pick us up. They went to the AT&T training centre instead of the stadium. Pretty sure we looked homeless...
We met up with Muffy and Denton in Dallas and all flew together to Orlando. Once there we rented a sweet Dodge Charger and were on our way. We arrived at Orange Lakes resort and headed to bed. We woke up early the next morning and headed straight to Disney Hollywood Studios. I seriously loved this park. Just enough Disney feel with some adult stuff also. I loved the Tower of Terror and the Rock N' Roller Coaster. The lines weren't terrible and the new fast pass system is pretty sweet. Denton and Tyler managed to not get too sick on this day so it was mostly enjoyable. The travel captain (aka Muffy) even let us eat a pretzel! It was such a fun day. They had just finished decorating for Christmas and the amount of lights was insane. It was mesmerizing. Probably one of my favourite parts.
Inside the Frozen store they had "snow" (more like shaved ice) that you could play in. There was a line! We came home to more snow than that!
Someday we will be in real NYC!
This show was awesome. A car show called Lights, Motors, Action! They did the coolest stunts.
Waited a long time to ride the Toy Story ride and it was definitely worth it.
Loved this ride too!

The next day we headed down past Tampa Bay to Clearwater Beach. The sand was amazing and the water was beautiful. It was seriously so windy though! We sent the boys golfing and Muff and I laid on the beach, read, slept and ate at a restaurant by the beach. Most of the stores seemed to be closed between 2-4. All the Latin and Italian people still have a siesta in the afternoon apparently. It was pretty dead on the streets. Even in the Gelato store that we drove there for. Then went in and the guy awkwardly told us it was closed. We waited until it opened then of course Muffy didnt like any of the flavours! Haha definitely an adventure but it was nice to have a chill relaxing day.
On the way home we made stop number one at the Outlet Malls. We were so pumped about the Lululemon outlet and it was pretty disappointing. Most prices not any lower than sale stuff in Canada. And a lot of weird ugly stuff! Still fun to go.
The next day all my dreams came true. HARRY POTTER WORLD!! Let me tell you it was magical. We did our research and went on the least busy day. The lines were a maximum of 10 minutes. It was amazing. The detail is insane. We did the castle ride which was a simulation and Tyler was sick right away but it was so crazy. I seriously loved every second of it!
After we finished all the rides in Islands of Adventure we took the Hogwarts Express over the the regular Universal Studios. There is a different movie playing both ways you ride. There are shadows of Harry, Hermione, and Ron. When you get off you are in London. And they have all the shops there too. So COOL!!
Finally enjoying a butter beer in front of Hogwarts. I had two of the slurpee kind and they did not disappoint.
The rest of Universal was amazing. Tyler was dying over the Jurassic Park section. We got absolutely DRENCHED on the Dudley Do Right ride. Luckily Muff brought us Ponchos! Despite their regimen of ginger Gravol every 4 hours around the clock at about 4 PM after a horrendous experience on the Krusty the Clown ride our husbands quit on us so Muff and I had to ride the last few roller coasters alone. Including a back to back ride on the dragon roller coaster in Harry Potter world. I think that one was my favourite. Next time we will have to invest in some stronger anti nausea meds so the boys can keep up with us! I think this was definitely my favourite park and I got my fill of rides for awhile.
I loved every second of Universal! I can't wait to go back again someday.
After Universal it was on to Epcot. I was a little skeptical and wanted to go to Animal Kingdom instead. Muffy promised me it would be fun so I obliged. It was kind of like a big ride science centre. There wasn't roller coasters or anything but lots of learning and activities. After listening to the first ride in Spanish I was a little skeptical but the country exhibits were interesting and we ate at the most delicious french bakery including creme brûlée. I don't think I would take my kids there for very long but it was definitely interesting to visit.
If you ever go to Epcot, or Italy...don't drink Beverly! Its disgusting!
O Canada!
Japan
Italy
China
Mexico
I literally HATED this ride. And I don't hate rides. I never want to be an astronaut. The tight confined space was way to much for me. I think I yelled "I don't like this" and "get me out of here" way too many times.
On the way back to Orlando we ate at a sketchy Mexican restaurant and fulfilled Tyler's goal for the trip. He just loves himself some authentic Mexican food.
We did some more outlet shopping and went to the Orlando Magic game. They played the Milwaukee Bucks. Nothing spectacular but we got to see Jabari Parker. He was not all to impressive...And there was this flashing strobe light, that was allegedly a camera flash, for the ENTIRE game. It drove me nuts! Needless to say I will not be going to a game there again!
As usual we exhausted Tyler after another long and busy day.

















































































1 comment :
Umm this trip sounds incredible!! Kid free vacay sounds so awesome, but a kid free vacay to FLORIDA!!! I am beyond jealous.
Post a Comment