Friday, September 4, 2015

Waterton/July 1st

The last weekend in June we headed out to Waterton for a little Dudley family getaway. It was cabin week and we were actually able to stay for 5 days. There were tons of cousins and family there. Tylers parents let us stay in their camper just parked outside the cabin. It was magical. Seriously the best idea. The kids slept amazing and we never had to worry about waking up the whole house when our kids were up at the butt crack of dawn. It was a blast. We started off with a 5 km run. Grandma and Grandpa made shirts and prizes and everything. Even the kids got to participate. I thought it would be a great idea to run 5 km 7 months prego...it wasn't and I was SLOW. Luckily Brooke stayed with me the whole time and I didn't go into early labour.











After the race Quinn needed to cool off. In the nude. In the freezing lake. I love this picture!


We were blessed with the best weather I have ever seen in Waterton. 25-30 degrees and no wind everyday! The cabin was hot! But outside was gorgeous. We spent so much time in the water and suntanning. It was great.









Quinn was in heaven with so many cousins her age. She played with Marlo, Ruby, Nick, and Kylie all day. It was pretty awesome! The older cousins were also so good to include the younger kids.



We chose the coldest day to go up to Red Rock but it was still fun. Tyler even convinced Quinn to jump into the freezing water.



Tyler and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary while we were there. We left the kids at the cabin and went out to dinner at fireside. We enjoyed some delicious steak and eating without kids. Then we just hung out around the townsite. It was nice to get away for a while. I can't believe we have been married 9 years! I sure love this boy of mine. I'm pretty lucky he chose me and the we continue to choose each other still. Love you Ty!









On the last day before we headed back to Raymond I convinced Tyler and the kids that we needed to climb bears hump. I immediately regretted my decision. Scar pretty  much cried if she wasn't being carried by me. I was gigantic and Quinn whined about hating hiking the entire way. They did enjoy feeding the chipmunks at the top and running down however. I'm glad I can check that off my list.








 They also enjoyed their ice cream bribe reward after...








We got back to Raymond on the night of June 30th and got up bright and early for breakfast at Grandmas and then some parading. The parade was surprisingly long this year. And it drizzled a bit at the end. The kids got plenty of candy and we all enjoyed ourselves. Brooke even rode a horse in the parade!





We ate lunch at Grandma Nickis and headed over to the rodeo. Sadly Kevin missed his slack and didn't catch his calf. Hopefully he will be successfull next year!





Classic July 1st family picture.


After the rodeo we packed up and headed home. We even got to see a few fireworks on our drive back North.

1 comment :

The Scow's said...

You need to quit shocking me!!! Your idea to climb bears hump? Who are you?!