Monday, May 22, 2017

Busy September

Brooke stayed for a few days after the party before she was leaving for Detroit. We sure miss having her around. I was so happy we got to see her! Carson moved up to live in Edmonton (HOORAY!) and him and Tyler are playing on the same hockey team. They are pretty pumped about it. 
 

 
 
 
 

We did our first Spartan of the month in Red Deer. The super. We drove down in the morning and lucked out with good weather. I think this was my favorite obstacle race I have ever done. The trail running was gorgeous and we got to swim across the river. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We stopped at a delicious Mexican buffet on our way home. The perfect end to the perfect day!
 

We enjoyed some more great weather outside. The kids love building forts in the outside play place. And playing in all the sand at the park.
 
 
 
 

On the 15th we celebrated death day. It has been 15 years since my Dad passed away and we are now tired of crying and trying to celebrate his life and all the blessings we have. We went to soda jerks for supper. Love this little family of mine!
 
Lincoln continued to get more and more wild. He loves to climb and get into anything he is not supposed to.
 
 
Quinn and Scarlett started gymnastics. They love it.
 
We spent lots of time playing in the front yard and taking walks to the dog park. My favorite.
 
 
 
 
 
Quinn's finally lost her first tooth! While she was staying at liseys house. She was so excited. The tooth fairy forgot he first night but remembered to come the second night.
 
 
 
We got to get away for Tyler's denture conference in Banff. We stayed in Canmore and it was so much fun hanging out with Kristi and Alison all day. We shopped, ate, hiked. I even went on a run. So nice to sleep in and eat with adults. I love my kids but I love alone time with Tyler also!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

After hiking Johnson canyon Tyler and I started our long journey to Kamloops to run the Spartan Beast. First we had to stop at Moraine Lake. It was beautiful. Probably my favorite lake ever. The color is amazing and if you climb the rocks the view is breathtaking.
 
 
 
 

Next we arrived in Kamloops. We met up for dinner with Tanner downtown. It's a pretty neat city. The. We headed to bed and woke up early to drive out to sun peaks. We started around 11 and finished 5 hours and 45 minutes later. This was probably the hardest thing I have ever done. First you run straight up the mountain to the top where the ski lift lets off. Doing some obstacles along the way. Then down almost to the bottom. Then up again (this is where I almost quit)
It is brutal. I'm pretty proud of us for finishing since lots of people don't. I'm actually enjoy doing things like this with Tyler...just not this race in particular. We weren't prepared enough with water and snacks. Maybe next time...or not. 
 
 
 
 

We drove all the way to Airdrie that night. It was painful but we finished the Trifecta!

The last weekend in September Tyler and Neil went hunting up north. Tyler shot his first buck and Neil got his first moose. A successful trip!
 

No comments :