Friday, November 21, 2008

Ode to Dogs


So lately I have been thinking how truly awesome dogs are. I have had 7 different dogs of all different breeds, shapes, sizes and personalities and I have loved each and every one like a member of my family. Here are my top reasons that I LOVE dogs.


-Dogs are great because everytime you come home they are excited to see you and greet you with all kinds of love and kisses no matter if you were gone for 10 minutes or 10 hours.

-They provide amazing comfort in sad times, I can't count the number of times I have snuggled with my dog and cried.

-They make an empty house not seem scary and lonely.

-They make you get out of the house and do some kind of physical activity.

-They teach responsibility and discipline.

-They provide unconditional love no matter what you did wrong or right that day.


Right now the dog in my life, Rocko, I love so much. He is freakishly attached to me but I love it. No he is not a replacement for a child nor do I think that he is human (although sometimes it may seem that way) and someday he will find that out for himself. He is a crazy, loving, cute little miniature dachshund. All that said I love him and that is all that matters.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I love this blog and one day am GOING to have a dog. I just need my own house first.