


I got this idea from one of my friend's blogs and thought it might be a fun thing to blog about and remember. It was 3 years ago on April 28th that Tyler proposed to me. The story is that we dated from the summer after I turned 16 until Tyler went on his mission which was the summer I was 18. He left for his mission in June and severely injured his knee and was sent home in February. I still lived in Edmonton when he came home and was not sure that I should see him if was going to go back. After he had made the decision for himself that he would be unable to return I finally got to see him. We continued to date long distance until I came home for the summer on April 26th. I had an idea that he was going to propose and I guessed it would be April 29th because that is my parent's wedding anniversary and I really didn't think he would do it on his birthday. Well my roommates spilled the beans that I had guessed right so he switched up the days. I went to his house after work to give him his birthday present and we decided that we would go eat at East Side Marios for supper. I ordered my favorite meal, chicken fettucine alfredo. Tyler was kinda weird during dinner and kept leaving to go to the bathroom, which if any of you know him is not all that strange. After dinner we decided to drive around and look at houses which is kind of our thing to do when we are bored. During the drive Tyler suggested that we go to Henderson Park. I was really excited, I love Henderson and we had spent a lot of time there throughout dating. We almost always went to the same parking spot but this time was different. He pulled into a different entrance and we got out of the car and right in front of me was the gazebo with a table, 2 chair, flowers, martinelli's apple juice and cheesecake. We sat down and Tyler's hands shook while he cut the cake. Finally he picked up the flowers, pink roses, and inside the vase was a fake purple rose. On it was attached a note that said I'll love you till the last rose dies and the ring! I was so excited Tyler got up and attempted to kneel, he had a full leg splint so it was more of a lunge and that was it. It has been 3 great years so far and I look forward to many more.
1 comment :
I hate to rain on your parade but I think there was some time spent apart during those highschool years. ha ha Anyways I am so happy for you guys and hurry up and give Cohen a cousin already!!!
Post a Comment