It has been a crazy couple of weeks finishing finals, starting jobs, and Tyler's shoulder surgery. Last week Tyler went in for his surgery. Lucky for us his Mom was here to take him in and stay with him as I started my internship just down the hall from him on the same day. His surgery took a couple of hours and he has a dissolvable implant and stitches that will stay in forever. He came out of it pretty well but unfortunately the doctor only prescribed him Tylenol 3's and they were just not controlling the pain. He had to go into the ER the next night where they gave him a few extra pain meds. He has spent most of the last week, watching movies, and sleeping a lot. We are hoping for a speedy recovery. It has been fun to hang out with him on my two days off. I have had to bring all my nursing skills home with me. I have to help him shower, and get dressed and monitor his pain medication intake but he is doing way better than I thought he would. In other news I started my internship on unit 42 at the Grey Nuns Hospital. I have really enjoyed it so far and have lucked out with great staff who have really welcomed me onto the unit. I think I will learn a lot here. And our friends had their baby girl Bailey last night and we are so excited for them! She has the most amazing head of hair and I can tell they are going to be great parents! Congratulations Darcy and Lauren!
1 comment :
ouch! so he will have permenant stitches? i didn't know that was possible. how long is the recovery time? i guess it works out perfect that you are nurse!
Post a Comment