Wednesday, April 14, 2010

BASKETBALL

So basketball is pretty much the third love of my life. I love to watch, coach, and especially play basketball. I played all through junior high and high school and hope to someday be able to coach. When I moved up to Edmonton I didn't know a ton of people but luckily got on an intramural team at the U of A. This was fun but not really competitive. So when Tyler and I were living up here and one of my friends asked if I wanted to join her team I jumped at the opportunity. I finished the season with that team and then decided it would be fun to start up my own team. Last year I found a great group of girls and got jerseys and put the team together. This may sound like a lot of work...and it was!...but so worth it. Although we weren't very good last year we still had fun. Well this year I did it all over again. I had some girls come back and play a second year and I recruited a new group of great girls. Some I knew from southern alberta, some from Edmonton, and some I had never met before. This year has been so much more fun than I ever could have imagined. We just really clicked as a team. There has been virtually no fighting or complaining. We just get along and we WIN! We finished the semifinals last night and are moving on to the finals. This year has been so much fun. I love my team and I LOVE BASKETBALL!

Back: Sarah, Lindsey, Krista, Kelti, Rachel, Megan, Jen
Front: Mikenlee, Carley, Erin (Missing Robin)




Our timeouts usually consist of talking about anything but basketball...

Rachel, Krista, Megan, Carley, Erin

Mikenlee, Sarah, Jen, Kelti, Lindsey


Erin

2 comments :

Kay said...

Man I wish I was good enough to play! Good luck in the finals...when and where are they? Maybe I will come watch if Meg is playing.

Wilson Family said...

I think it would be fair to note that the fat girl in the back has a REAL baby in there, not just a food baby.