Sunday, January 16, 2011

Introducing Quinn Dudley

Well the big day came and went and we are finally parents! I figured I better write down what happened before I forget. It already seems like forever ago and it has only been 11 days. So be prepared for a long post. On the morning of January 5th after a seriously nervous and sleepless night (I think I got maybe an hour of sleep), we headed to the Grey Nuns at 6:00 AM. It was a nervous drive. I was scared not only to be a parent but to be cut open and have surgery. I have never even been to the ER so having to stay in a hospital was definitely a new experience to me. We got up to the Unit at about 6:30 and then they did all the prep work for surgery. They did another ultrasound to confirm that she was still breech, put in my IV, and filled out all the paperwork. After an hour and a bit of waiting they wheeled me into the OR at 7:55 AM. From there it is kind of a blur. They put in my spinal (weirdest feeling to feel you legs go completely numb), my catheter and made sure I was frozen. They brought Tyler in and told him he had 3 jobs: to hold my hand, to protect my nose when they push the baby out and to not throw up. The anestheiologist was really great and kept me calm. Within minutes of Tyler coming in they were cutting. I had some more medication that made me so dizzy and the sheet was super close to my face making me feel claustrophobic. They pushed her out bum first (kind of like popping a zit) and she was screaming before her head was out. She was born at 8:21 weighing 8 lbs 5 oz and 21 inches long. Way Way bigger than either of us expected and covered with a full head of hair, a chubby little cheeks, long fingers and toes, and big blue eyes. Tyler went over to see her as they sewed me up and we were in recovery by 8:45. So a seriously fast process. Now she is home and eating like a maniac. She sleeps really well overnight so far with usually a 4-5 hour stretch at some point. She is a very alert baby during the day and growing just like she is supposed to be. We love her more than we ever imagined and are amazed at how quickly life can change.
Last pregnant picture-41 weeks

Nervous to be a Dad


First time holding my baby girl

Meeting Grandpa

First Family Picture

Meeting Grandma

Meeting Grandma & Auntie Tannis


Aunt Tannis

Getting Dressed to Go Home

Having a snooze with big brother Rocko

Meeting one of her future boyfriends Nixon

7 comments :

Mal and Cody said...

I love everything about this post. She is beautiful and you did so good! Congrats again. Can't wait to come down and see her! It's nice to hear that she is a good baby and likes to sleep!

Carrie said...

Yay for Quinn! Just seeing this makes me want to hang out with you guys again, so I can snuggle her! She is beautiful, and it's so exciting that one of us FINALLY had a girl! I feel special that Nixon made it into the introductory post :) Love ya!

girluntitled said...

i can't wait to her in real life. i'm glad you explained the whole surgical process because i have always wondered how things got done down there. i guess i won't really know until it happens, eh? congrats again!

Kay said...

She is beautiful, and I can't wait to see her in real life! I am sure Tyler is the most proud papa ever. Does she have a middle name? Congrats again!

jezebel said...

i love it. she is such a sweetie. and I'm glad you called Rocko her big brother cause I call blake Annie's dad and he thinks its weird! i love babies and i love dogs and I cant wait to meet little Quinn.

AKutarna said...

she's so cute Erin! Congrats

Nicole said...

Awe she is gorgeous! Can't wait to meet her! Hope your recovery is going well!