Sunday, May 13, 2012

Behind

So it turns out that buying a house, packing, moving, unpacking and renovating all the while working and taking care of a 15 month old doesn't leave a lot of time for blogging. Here is a quick catch-up of what we have been doing...other than house stuff. We headed to Calgary for Easter and had a blast. Elise planned an awesome Easter egg hunt for Quinny which she was pretty stellar at. We ate, swam, played dutch blitz, watched Wrigley pee and poop all over Elise's apartment and had a delicious easter dinner. It was a great weekend! Lots of chocolate and candy just as Easter should be.




Seriously could those pigtails be any cuter!


Sisters enjoying Mexican

Enjoying Snuggle Time with Lisey

After Easter Q & I packed up and headed to Brooks...of all places...to visit Lindsey! I have spent a lot of time in Brooks and a child but this was oh so much better. I seriously miss this girl. Like seriously. She is a great friend and example to me. We had a great weekend. Lauren and I drove with our 3 kids in Carl Lewis  (aka Lauren's sweet gold mini van) and made it to the middle of nowhereville in record time...not really but hey we made it! We enjoyed the park, the waterpark, feeding and taking care of six kids and a night out on the town every night while Dustin stayed home with our mostly sleeping...sometimes crying...children! Good man that Dustin. I didn't get any pictures of all the kids together but Lindsey's kids have gotten so big. Max is still as smart as ever. Sam is so sweet and such a good boy (despite what Linds might say) and Elle is a sweet little girl now instead of the baby when she left. It was so refreshing to be there and be with real friends who accept me for who I am. (We missed you Robin!!) I look forward to many many more trips to Brooks in the future! Miss you Linds!

See? Awesome.

Night out at Boston Pizza. Where we discovered that you have to put your own sauce on your wings??

Cold Stone. Love.

The drive home.
Highlights of the trip? Birth rape. All lovin no oven. 5 minute trip to the library. The Brooks tour. Seeing how much my grandparents house had changed!

Also in the month of April I travelled to Southern Alberta with Jacie to attend Britt & Jay's sealing in the temple. What an amazing experience. I am so happy for these two! I love them and Fin so much and can't wait to meet the newest addition to their family (hopefully born May 16-23 right Britt?) This girl has been my friend, my roommate and now feels more like family. The trip down with a 2 year old, 1 year old, and 3 week old was totally worth it to be there. (minus the gigantic snowflakes and crazy roads...)

Back in the good old days before husbands and kids. Cute right...?

Ya we're hot.

At Britt & Jay's wedding 2 year ago.
Finally in April was Tyler's birthday. It kinda big time sucked because it was moving day but what better present than a house? We celebrated with some original joes take-out eaten on boxes of laminate and ice cream cake for dessert. Tyler also got spoiled with some brand spankin' new goalie pads! The next weekend we and some of our friends got babysitters for the hooligans and headed out to eat and see the Avengers. IT. WAS. AWESOME. So nice to get out of the house without any kids. Just like when we were all newlyweds in the Strathcona Ward. Happy Birthday Ty!
Ok Ok. Here is a picture of a picture of the outside of our house. Sorry that's all there is for now. Someday soon when we finish renovating and get all our furniture I will take more!

2 comments :

Wilson Family said...

birrrth raaaaapppppe!!! what about "asian store"? you totally forgot that. i seriously miss you. brooks of all places? nice try- its the new vortex of the universe. miss you.

Lauren Bennett said...

Oh how I love this post... BIRTH RAPE!