The weekend after I got home from Idaho I left Quinn with Tyler headed off to Canmore for a girls weekend with friends. I had so much fun. We stayed over at Christa's uncles house/cabin which was A-MAZ-ING! Everything in it was so nice. It had the most beautiful shower and this amazing view. I think I could live there. When I finally arrived and met up with everyone (I had to work the night before) we shopped around and had supper. Supper was delicious! Then we went back and hung out and played games at the house. It was so fun! We had some good times playing charades and sardines...yes we are grown women not 9 year olds...it was awesome. It was so great to get to spend some time with these awesome ladies without kids or husbands to bother us LOL.
The next morning we woke up early for the actual purpose of the trip...to run the 5 km/10 km race there. Now I have run a half marathon in my past but let me tell you I was not in good enough shape to do a 10 km race. I was dying at 5 with the worst cramp ever but I finished! A little slower than I had hoped but I did it. The scenary was beautiful and it was good to get back out there. All the girls did so good! Everyone finished faster than their goal and Christa and the gazelle Julie even finished in under an hour!
 |
| Can you guess whose shoes? |
 |
| The number |
 |
| Ready to race |
 |
| I'm not going to lie. I was FREEZING! |
 |
| Before |
 |
| During |
 |
| After |
Then after some free breakfast and a long hot tub sesh I drove Megan back to Calgary and continued on home. It was so good to get to see everyone and spend time with just girls. Lets do this again soon!
5 comments :
Nice work blogging so quickly! You put me to shame! It was seriously so much fun. So glad you came!
Bahaha I just rhymed!
haha i loved playing sardines!!! a little embarassing, maybe, but hilarious. i have never heard you scream so loud! in turn making me scream so loud hahahaha. i'm laughing about it right now
So Jealous! Looks like you girls had fun! :)
Such a fun trip! Sardines was definitely my highlight of the trip as well as the pasta! Glad you came, can't wait to see what we come up with next year!
Post a Comment