Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Scarlett

So I know that everyone loves a good birth story. Unfortunately for all of us mine are pretty boring and pretty much the same every time! We will go back to my 35 week ultrasound where after measuring small (again) I found out that my baby was breech (also again). I went for my appt at 36 weeks and after being swabbed for Group B, my doctor told me that my pelvis has a bone that goes across it making it quite small and not conducive to the size of my baby's heads (which is why they seem to turn breech). She quickly informed me that there would be no conversation about a natural birth and from now on all my children would be born via planned c-section. I was a little sad because I had decided that I wanted to try a VBAC but I understand what is best for me and the babies and am so greatful that I live in a time where my babies and I can be safe during delivery. She booked the C-section for 39 weeks and we were on our way.

We woke up bright and early on Wednesday morning July 10th and left for the hospital just before 6 AM. We left Quinn at home with Brooke. After arriving they started my IV after two tries and took us into pre op where we met the anesthetist and doctor who would be assisting Dr. Mcubbin. I was taken into OR around 8 AM where they started my spinal, put in my catheter, and prepped me for surgery. They brought Tyler in shortly after and he loved watching the whole surgery this time. I was lucky this time because they gave me something for nausea (last time I thought I was going to throw up) and it was far less stressful because I knew what to expect. Scarlett was born screaming and breech at 8:18 AM weighing in at 7 lbs 2 oz. She had long, skinny legs  and arms and looked nothing like her big sister. I was wheeled into recovery with my baby by 8:35. It was quick and uncomplicated. I can't believe how fast she was here.

We hadn't decided on a name yet. We had 2 that were in the running. Tyler had brainwashed Quinn with what name he wanted. Luckily for him when she came out she didn't look like my choice of name so Scarlett it was.

Recovery this time around has been ok. I forgot how much pain is associated with getting sliced open...I also got a case of mastitis which has been fun. Things are looking up and I got a pretty cute baby out of the deal so who can complain. Just don't talk to me about doing this again any time soon!

Here is what everyone has wanted. Pictures!
































3 comments :

The Brames said...

Love all the pictures! And jealous for your uncomplicated birth story. So excited for you guys!!

Nicole said...

Oh my what a little sweetheart! Congrats you guys!

lo.bennett111 said...

She is so sweet! Glad we got to see her and you this weekend! Miss you guys