We headed down to Southern Alberta on Sunday evening and arrived just in time for a little family weiner roast. Muff & I survived the trip down with the 4 kids with no serious problems yay us! John & Sheri and the boys and my Grandma and Tanner came over and it was a serious party. I love my family.


We had some time to kill before the rest of the family got here so we went to the playground in Raymond. It was hot hot hot so of course we went to Town Pump for snow bobs and slurpees...and we went back almost everyday we were home...


I also got to meet up with some friends. I haven't seen Bee in such a long time so it was great to catch up with her and Sara & Court. I seriously love these girls. It's always amazing to me how so much time can pass but you can still just pick up right where you left off. We have had some good times and it is great to have such good friends!


Muffy & I (with some serious help from Sheri) pulled off a bridal shower for Tannis. The food was delicious (thanks Sher!), we had minor decor (we were proud of ourselves) and a great turnout. It was so nice to catch up with all these ladies and to celebrate Tannis getting married.



The boys spent a lot of time doing this...I think Nathan was mildly overwhelmed with all the action that happens when we are all together. I'm sure like Tim, Denton, and Tyler he will adapt and learn to love us!!

The night before the wedding we whisked Tannis away for a romantic dinner at State and Main with just her sisters. I mean really what is better then a meal out with sisters. I even left Scarlett at home! It was great despite Elise's face in this picture...

We also got to escape for pedicures which are always amazing. I'm so lucky to have sisters.

The next day this girl got married! I can't believe that my baby sister is married. I'm so lucky to have her live
in Edmonton with me. She is the best aunt to my girls, so much fun, and my best friend. Nathan is one lucky guy. I was a little sad to lose her to him as they will both tell you but Nathan is pretty great too so I guess we will take it.

The wedding day came and of course Tannis looked amazing and Nathan cleaned up pretty nice. The kids looked perfect it was amazing. We woke up and all got ready for pictures at Ralphs. They were relatively quick and painless. We had a break then headed to the temple for the sealing. The sealing was perfect of course. Nathan looked like he was awestruck and in love it was cute. After some more pictures and of course a stop at Dairy Queen we headed to the family dinner. Tannis and Nathan had a ring ceremony which turned out really cute and I kinda wish I would have had one. Dinner was catered by Vinnie Jensen and was of course delicious. Our song that we wrote to Taylor Swift "Love Story" went off without a hitch and the kids survived without too many problems. The reception was perfect and then it was over. I'm so happy these 2 got married and even happier that we don't have to have anymore weddings in our family!






A trip to southern alberta would not be complete without a trip to the Dudley's for some horse back riding. The weather was beautiful and we even go Tyler, Denton and Tim on the horses. Grandma & Grandpa Dudley were there too for some chariot rides. It was a great way to spend the morning.

The day before we were to head home we finally hit up Wally's Beach. It was my first time there (I know right!?!) and it was beautiful. The sand is amazing and the weather was perfect. I can't wait to go back next summer!




All the kids love their auntie Lisey & Uncle Tim. We were all so happy when they got back from China. She is seriously so good with the kids and so helpful. They brought us all kinds of treasures from China. It was great!

What can I say about these 3? They definitely have fun together and we are so lucky that they do cause we like to ditch them with the kids. They played games with us and helped with the wedding and even spent and entire day golfing. We can't wait to get Nathan in there too!

THis is what 40$ worth of chocolate cinnamon bears looks like...

IT was so great to be home with all of us and to have Nathan join our family. We can't wait for Christmas!


2 comments :
I need those chocolate cinnamon bears!! And on another note...keep your schedule open November 13-January 6. We have some lost time to make up for! I miss you guys!
I dont' know where to start with my comments. So many great pictures and memories. We will break Nathan in gradually with an "adult" Thanksgiving and then blindside him at Christmas with a full out assault. Cohen and Quinn can lead the attack at their usual 6 am. I love that Kev's pony looks like our family pony Patches. We should put Q's picture next to Danielle's when she was the same age and rode in the Brooks parade.
Post a Comment