We FINALLY made the trip down to High River to see Darcy & Lauren. When the flood happened I was 8.5 months pregnant and we were really unable to help out much (lame friends I know!) so we have been feeling like lame friends. When our plans fell through for the weekend we decided to pack up and go visit. It was so much fun. We have really missed our Bennetts. The kids played really well. Quinn thinks Bailey walks on water, loves Ollie and Ray is to die for cute. We got the high river tour, saw Darcys temporary and flooded clinic, tried some of their favorite restaurants, and just hung out. It was so good to see them. We picked up right where we left off. I just hope that we will be able to make enough of these visits that we can stay friends and our kids can stay friends!
As we were leaving Quinn decided to stick a nerd in her nose...Luckily Tyler was able to dig it out with his sunglasses. Dad to the rescue!
Quinn followed Bailey around and copied everything she did. She refound her love for dresses at Baileys house.
We played a little basketball
Their house backs on to the awesome green strip with a park and walking path. Quinn was in heaven with a scooter.
Me and Lauren & our babies
The love hate relationship between these two continues.
We had a pretty fun Halloween this year. I bought Quinn two costumes...however once she decided she was Minnie Mouse she refused to wear her leopard costume. Sad cause it was really cute. We dressed up one afternoon and went to my friend Kerry's house with some other work friends and their kids. Both kids looked adorable!
On Monday night we had Tannis and Nathan over to carve some pumpkins. No one but Tannis and I would touch that guts...wimpy husbands!
On Tuesday we got to go to our annual Leafs game! Tyler scored some amazing tickets from one of his patients so we were only 12 rows from the glass. It was so fun. I was battling some mastitis but I was not going to miss the Leafs! Looks like my husband is rubbing off on me. We sat by some more leafs fans...heck half the arena was Leafs Fans. It is so fun. The chants always go "Lets go Oilers. Go Leafs Go!" I do however hope that someday the Oilers will be able to give them a run for their money...sigh...someday.
Finally it was Halloween. Quinn had been looking forward to it for days and couldn't wait to get her Minnie Mouse costume back on. We had some friends over for supper and trick or treating. These kids are seriously cute! Quinn trick or treated like a champ. She would run to the door and didn't even cry at the scary decorated houses. Scarlett looked so cute in her unicorn costume and hardly made a sound the whole time. We got a serious haul and only were out for an hour. Our favorite was this guy dressed as Santa Claus and handing out candy in handfuls! Ben & Kim went there twice!
![]() |
| A pink giraffe, Minnie, unicorn, penguin, giraffe. |
![]() |
| Did I mention Robin made Griff's costume? Amazing! |
People in my neighbourhood don't kid around. There was some serious decorating. I'll have to step it up for next year!
![]() |
| Seriously?!?! I could eat her! |





















1 comment :
Awe we loved seeing youguys! Thanks for making the trek down here! Ps your kids are adorable. Pps I love how ollie and Quinn's love/hate thing continues :) ppps we need to visit you guys... and your hot tub! Lol
Post a Comment