Saturday, October 4, 2014

Labor Day


For the Labor Day long weekend Tyler had planned a pretty epic 3 day golf tourney with his dad so I planned for an amazing weekend in Calgary. I started off by visiting one of my besties Lindsey at her new house in Okotoks!!! I'm so happy she doesn't live in Brooks anymore!! Her new house is big and beautiful. It was so great to hang out and visit and let the kids play. We even went out to a movie and for blizzards thanks to Dustin for staying with all the kids. Quinn loves Elle and still talks about her costume box. It was so fun so be there.


Next we headed to Calgary to see Elise and Tim. We of course had to go out for frozen yogurt since it's one thing that the prego can keep down. The kids were in heaven. Menchies is definitely the best place for froyo.


The next day was garage sale day! Elise had planned a pretty epic garage sale. Tannis, my mom and I all brought things to sell and we actually did pretty well. Minus Elise selling a really nice golf club for 2 dollars! That guy got a steal of a deal! The kids were really well behaved and despite having no husbands to help we all survived and had fun. We celebrates with caramel apples and supper at the mall.

On Sunday after barely surviving Quinn's poop incident at church we killed some time at Elise's house where there are not many toys...and a lot of dogs and people...then we hit up her sweet dog park. They have a kids playground in the dog park! Amazing! My girls are pretty lucky to have such amazing aunts who love them and play and take care of them!

The next day we spent the morning at the Zoo. We got there super early and left just as most people were coming. Both girls loved the penguins. Quinn loved the butterflies and the park there is amazing. It was such a fun way to end our time in Calgary. Scarlett was so wipes she fell asleep sitting up on our way out of the park.

I rushed home in time to go to Katy Perry with Tannis!! Nathan have her tickets for her birthday and she decided to take me! It was amazing!!! She has floor seats! Katy Perry was on a swing right above my head! We drank diet coke, bought tshirts, and sang and danced our hearts out! It was amazing. I almost died when she sang firework. I love hanging out with my sisters!
It was a pretty great weekend!













1 comment :

Jen and Josh Payne said...

Looks like you had a Blast!!!