Monday, November 2, 2015

Lincoln Allen Craig Dudley

Are you ready for another birth story? Lincoln is almost 2 months old now so I figure I better write it down before I forget. This is my last prego picture. Still wearing regular jeans and all. I carried way lower with this pregnancy but weight gain and pretty much everything else was relatively the same. 


We woke up bright and early and headed to the hospital to be there at 6:30. My mom came with us in hopes that they would let her in to watch the section but no such luck. They hooked me up to the monitors and started my IV then moved me down to recovery to wait for Dr. McCubbin. She was a little late and everyone kept coming out asking where she was. Finally she arrived and they took me into the OR. A resident started my spinal and it took forever to move through my body. I was starting to get stressed that I would feel them cutting me. This has been a major fear with all 3 c sections. Dr. Reid was my anaesthesiologist and she was so awesome. She talked to me the whole time as Tyler was mostly watching the procedure. Everything was going pretty much the same as the last time until they tried to get him out. Then things got a little rough. Someone was pushing so hard on my chest I couldn't breath and Tyler looked at me like something was wrong. Just as I was getting stressed I felt the pressure release and heard my baby cry and everything was good again. At 8:29 on September 8, 2015 our baby entered the world weight 7 lbs 8 oz and 21 inches long. They showed him to me and then took him over to be weighed and measured at the scale. Tyler cut the cord and brought him over for me to check him out. He was cute as ever and looked like a combination of Quinn and Scar. They stitched me back up and wheeled me to recovery. 



After recovery they wheeled me to my room. They checked out me and Lincoln and my mom got to meet him. He couldn't seem to keep his temperature up so we had a lot of skin to skin. He also breastfed like a champ and has been good at it everyday since.

My sisters brought the girls in later on that morning and they were smitten with him immediately. The fight to hold him started and pretty much happens on the daily still. I just love these 4 people!

















We spent the rest of our time at the hospital snuggling, eating, and sleeping. We had lots of visitors and enjoyed the 2.5 days there. It took us quite some time to figure out a name. We had many suggestions including Roger from my mom and Tuff from Tyler's dad. Finally on Sept 9 we narrowed it down to Luke or Lincoln. We decided on Lincoln and were set. We gave him 2 middle names because we are not sure we will have anymore kids and again not sure if we will have another boy. Allen is after my Dad and Craig is after both Tyler and his Dad. Pretty important names to live up to.


















On Sept 10 in the morning they discharged us both and we headed home. It was so nice to be home with all my people. My sisters stayed for a few more days to help out. My pain was way less this time and I felt much better than I did after Scarlett. I could almost be convinced to get sliced again. 




Elise and Tannis helped the girls make welcome home signs and balloons. We were immediately smothered as soon as we pulled up and the smothering hasn't stopped. Sure do love my little family.





























It was good to be home with my 3 babies!




No comments :