On the 24th we decorated our gingerbread houses. I lucked out this year and accidentally bought some that were already put together so all we had to do was decorate. We divided up into teams. Payton, Bryon and Quinn. Brooke and Tyler. Erin and Scarlett. Kevin and Monette were busy preparing the cabbage rolls and cooking them in the garage to save us from the smell. Decorating was so fun. Scarlett ate more candy than she put on the house and Quinn is quite the artist.
After the kids were in bed the adults opened their jammies, played video games, watched a Christmas story and finalized that last preparations for the morning.
Christmas morning was less chaotic than I expected. It was actually quite fun. The kids of course got spoiled. Our family got a WiiU. They both got a huge box of disney barbies. Quinn got a marble run. Scarlett got a car track. They also got lego, play doh and princess dress ups. Tyler suprised me with the Toms boots I was dying for and a Michael Kors wallet. I got him some new Toms and skis/poles. Lincoln got some clothes and toys that he will learn to play with someday.
After presents we rested then got to talk to Carson! It was so great to see his face. I can't wait till he comes home in May! I started preparing dinner and dessert. Dinner was delicious for my first time making Christmas dinner. We had ham, funeral potatoes, corn, rolls, skor cake. It was great. Then everyone just spent the rest of the day relaxing and playing with their toys.
On the 26th we all snuck out to do a little shopping then headed over to the Legislature lights that evening with Tyler's parents. I love having so many things to do here over Christmas.






















No comments :
Post a Comment