Monday, February 5, 2018

Alaska

At the beginning of June Lincoln and I were lucky enough to head to Alaska! I mean when your sister has a new baby girl you have to go meet her...even if it’s all the way in Alaska! On June 6 we dropped the girls in Calgary with Elise and boarded our plane to Alaska. Lincoln did ok on the plane. He was actually hardest in the airport during layovers. He refused to wear his leash...just melted into a puddle and wouldn’t move...and ran constantly without it on. We did finally arrive and Danielle immediately took us to the top of a mountain!



I got to meet my very first niece! She is perfect and amazing! 😍 Lincoln and I were clearly smitten!


I thought I was going to Alaska to relax and snuggle Harper but my sister and brother in law had other ideas. The first night I played volleyball for 2 hours then after some much needed rest we had another busy day!

Danielle’s mother in law and I took the boys to the park in the morning.


Then we drove for a bit and took a walk around a glacier lake and had a short picnic before it rained on us.


The next day was a trip to the nature Center. Sadly we didn’t run into any bears or moose until the drive home but it’s pretty amazing that these hikes are only minutes from my sisters house!


That night we met up with Danielle’s friends and hikes up baldy at night time. It was crazy that it was that light out around midnight. We had bear spray and someone had a gun but no run ins with wildlife. I carried Harper and she was a champ!


The next day the sun was shining and the Alaskans thought it was summer weather...I was still a little cold but to the lake we went. We kayaked and played on the beach at Mirror Lake.


That night my sister and I got to go out for supper and a little shopping. Texas road house is my favorite!


The next day we fulfilled an item on my bucket list. We went to Winner creek and hiked the trail with the hand tram. It was everything I hoped for. We even saw a little bear in the parking lot of the hotel. Lincoln is a hiking maniac and preferred to walk. 


After our hike we thought about hiking to the exit glacier but decided a drive thru zoo was more our speed. It was freezing cold but nothing stops the Alaskans!


After our bust day i thought we could rest the next day but Denton insisted that I couldn’t come to Alaska without seeing a glacier. So me and Danielle piled our babies into the car and took the drive to the matanuska glacier. The drive was beautiful and the glacier was unreal! Despite a small meltdown when I thought my phone died it was the perfect day!


That night we went on a bear hunt. Sadly we didn’t see anymore bears but we got right up close to a moose!


Denton got a little fishing in while I was there and fed me some fresh salmon. 


Clearly Alaska wore me right out!


On the day we flew home we went to touch the ocean and watch the planes fly over. I seriously love this place! Until next time Alaska!


No comments :